Counting units, lol

Posted , 9 users are following.

Tomorrow I plan on starting the naltrexone.  Since I'm not a math whiz and as long as I'm lowering my drinking habits is it OK if I count by ounces?  Please don't try to exlain units to me.  Honestly, I've been reading on it and it looks like another language.  As long as I'm lowering my intake counting by ounces should be OK, yes?  

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Its easier to work out by using metric rather than imperial measures
    • Posted

great effort you are making Kelly!! we are all proud of you that is certain!! Robin
    • Posted

Thank you! I am not proud of myself for drinking tonight which I said I was not going to do. I'll definitely pay for this at work. But, hoping to get on the right track soon. My main goal is abstinence and my biggest prayer is to be able to tolerate the medication.
    • Posted

You'll get there one way or the other Kelly, I hear your determination. The important thing to know is that you have options and one of those options will get you to where you want to be. 
    • Posted

I am determined. I'm tired of lying to myself that I won't drink the day before I have to work because alcohol causes terrible insomnia. I got to the point (like now) where I don't frustrate myself by forcing sleep I won't get. I only feel ten times worse then. So, I read, get online or think too much. But, yes, at this point I'm trying anything and everything! That saying sick and tired of being sick and tired holds true.
    • Posted

Nothing to add to all the good advice you've been given, just want to say hope it all went well, good luck
    • Posted

Apparently. Ugh! The longer I drink the more I can't sleep at night. I am generally an anxious person. I hate nights with zero sleep. I'm feeling all out of sorts so I'm going to start the medication tomorrow. I'm at work now. Dragging!!!
    • Posted

Hang in there, Kelly! So you're not going to start until Monday? Do you have Tuesday off? 
    • Posted

I don't have off work. I am 3-11 (2nd shift) Is the day after that bad?
    • Posted

It would be better to give it a go today so if you have side effects tomorrow, you'll be home and not having to deal with work. 
    • Posted

I replied to Joanna in another post as to why I'm waiting til another night this week. She advised I don't go anywhere until I get used to it. 1. I got no sleep and already feel out of sorts and don't know how I'll react to the pill feeling this way. Also, with the little energy I do have I'm going to eat with my husband and enjoy mothers day. My kids upset me and my husband wants to cheer me up. So, I'll be out of the house and nervous if I take it. I'll rearrange my week to have a free day.
    • Posted

That sounds like a great plan, Kelly. Happy Mother's Day to you and enjoy your evening out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.