Coversyl

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi - I've just this morning taken my first dose of Coversyl, only 2mg, but will probably be increased in a couple of weeks and possibly another drug added. Now I feel like I'm just sitting here waiting for nasty side-effects to happen, and am quite frightened, so I wanted to see what experiences other people have had. My BP has been untreated, but very high for some years, and it is possible I have LVH (echo in 2 weeks to confirm). I have had these tablets nearly a month but put them away in a cupboard as I was too scared to take them. Am I the only person who has built up a huge psychological block about having to start medication that will continue for the rest of my life? I feel it might change me and my life, but I also know what the consequences of not lowering BP would be. Doesn't getting older suck?! sad

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had same dilemma in 2009 i started taking avapro very reluctantly (known also by acronym as as an ARB) occassionally, and doctor said no take it everyday otherwise it wont work.

I didnt want to take pills for blood pressure.

But after taking starting dose avapro for while it wasnt reducing blood pressure, and doc said to go on higher dose but i didnt want to because i researched ARB's on internet and found they cause bad side effects.

I read up on stantins so i didn't want avapro anymore and so i reccommended to go on Coversyl standard dose of 5mg, so this is so for nearly 7 years now.

But i have had episodes where my blood pressure would raise moderately high, so i don't know if Coversyl has been a waste of time and whether it's done any damage. So blood pressure has occassionaly raised by taking OR not taking Coversyl so i don't know if it's doing anything, i should leave my body as it is.

I don't know. Any medication is not healthy for the body no matter what all the brainwashed people say.

If your body is relatively healthy you should avoid meds and have balanced healthy lifestyle same with nutrition.

Sometimes there are other contributing reasons why blood pressure would be high including stress, and the type of thoughts we have.

But recently i stopped taking coversyl and my blood pressure has been normal. So 6 to 7 years of Coversyl i just stopped and haven't noticed anything. i measure my blood pressure everyday and it's fine.

So i'll wait and see if it gets high i might start re-taking it probably every second day or 2 tablets a week, to which my doctor will say don't bother. I have healthy suspicion of the medical industry.

I hadn't noticed any side effects but i think the blood pressure lowering was minimal like 5 points at most. I think it is a long term acting drug it takes long time to build up in the system. I started having very minor nose bleeding issues, when i blew my nose to clear mucus, but i don't know if it was due to the coversyl. I'm still researching perindropil arginine as to whether it causes skin/vascular issues, but i know for certain that it is a VASODILATOR which is not good if you have bleed issue, but high blood pressure wouldn't be good either...so it's all bit of a catch-22, either way we have to find some balance.

• Posted

I am taking Coversyl 8mg and my BP is still very high.  I also have itching problems which have increased with the use of this medication.  Now my doctor wants me to take coversyl Plus HD which could increase even more my skin problems which by the way are causing me pain everyday.
  • Posted

I just took my first coversyl plus tab an hour ago 4 MG and 1.25mg. Wish me luck as this will be the 3rd medication I have tried with terrible reactions to the others.
  • Posted

Hey there.....just signed up on Patient and saw your post. It caught my attention because I felt the same way. Scared to start a drug I may never get off of. The only thing I seem to experience on top of tinnitus is a constant droaning fan motor noise in my head now. I have read tons about Coversyl 4mg that I am on, but cannot find if this motor noise is related to Coversyl. I pray it goes away. Just thought I would share.

• Posted

Hi! I have just started two days ago in Coversyl 2mg. Doc wanted me to take first theee days at night then start in morning after that.

It keeps my blood pressure down but only for about six hours then it goes back up again.

I am also VERY dizzy and a little on the nauseous side.

I wonder if I take it in the AM if it will last all day?

PS... thank GOD for this forum!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.