craig beck

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi, can anyone tell me if they have any comments on the Craig Beck online programme for alcohol cessation?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Amazing results in the short term, as giving him £600 will almost certainly reduce one's ability to buy any alcohol.

• Posted

Alex cant quite work out if youre being serious or sarcastic.

Yes you could by a lot of alcohol for £600. However I learned from experience and its a view of many 'experts' that people suffering from AUD will always find a way to get a drink if the craving is that bad. Depending on how desparate you are, youll get it legally or illegally. Thats why so many people get caught shoplifting, or trying to steal alcohol from supermarkets and shops. Very rarely do people steal it just for pleasure, its for necessity., their body needs it and becomes their only thought

In your desparation to get alcohol, to avoid horrendous withdrawals and possible DTs, Craig Beck and his supposedly 'life changing' book, will be the last thing you think about. Your body is screaming for alcohol, it needs it to function, reading a book wont help because the need is physical and psycological. Your only thought is 'I need a drink, ive got to get one by any means possible.

Maybe after a few months without alcohol, it may help some people, simply because if youre reading youre not drinking. Statistics show that by far the most successful method of either stopping drinking or controlled drinking, is medication. The Sinclair Method (TSM) has the highest success rate. The other medication, which is what changed my life, is Acamposate (Campral) which is an anti craving drug. Taken for about 10 months without any alcohol, in simple terms, resets your brain so you never crave alcohol. I can drink socially now without the need for another drink. i never touch spirits and i no longer drink alone

• Posted

hi,

ive read his book 'alcohol lied to me' twice and found it useful and its helped with my drinking

its basically a lot of good observations on the harm alcohol does and reasons why we should quit/reduce

it appeals to your intelligence and aims to steer you away from mindless drinking

I much preferred this to the AA style method

didnt want to sign up to his subscription website because of the cost

a good friend also had similar results with his book

the idea is that you read it more than once, when you feel the need to start drinking again, then you pick up the book instead

hope this is helpful

thanks

• Posted

Nothing new, heard/read it all before.

The best treatment in the world wont work if the person isnt prepared to help themselves.

I am sure Craig Beck is doing very well financially, some people will try anything. Of course hes encouraging, £800 scam.

I would never recommend going cold turkey. At the end of the day, the only person who can achieve success is yourself

• Posted

Interesting reply but why did you wait 6 months i wonder? How are keeping JohnJim?? Drinking under control? Your message does not show how you coping. Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.