Crashing Fatigue

Posted , 11 users are following.

Sometimes during the month I experience extreme fatigue that will just hit me out of nowhere. I could be fine one minute and the next minute I can't keep my eyes open. It's like a heavy sleepiness just overtakes me. Does anyone else experience this?

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also, ask your dr for a full Iron Studies test.  You may be loading ferritin iron which causes fatigue.
  • Posted

Welcome to the world of menopause smile

Mine was getting to be everyday with some marginally better than others. B6 has made a huge difference as has changing to a low carb diet like some of the other ladies.

Checked in with my doc again the other week after I started having trouble breathing and feeling like someone was sitting on my chest and he is supportive of the natural route as unable to do HRT. So, diagnosed with panic attacks to add to the list of things associated with this whole time of life, I'm adding B12 to the mix now.

Lots of really helpful info on these discussion threads and Jayneejay has put loads of good info in some of them.

xx

• Posted

Soopyloopy 😃

Thank you hun .. B6 is like a little bit of magic 😚 glad its helped you too .. Jay xx

• Posted

I started taking 2500 mg of B12 daily. Has helped quite a bit!
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

B12 helps me too, I have injection every 10 days to 2 weeks..

i know when i need one, and feel so energised after 😀

Jay xx

• Posted

Has your GP checked your thyroid markers?  I had this and it was hypothyroidism.  I am sure this isn't the only cause, but it is worth ruling out.
  • Posted

sharverv52408, I also had terrible fatigue, some days my head was so foggy I started to doubt myself at work. Plus I would just feel so drained. I finally started taking 2500 mg of B12 which I have to say has really helped with my energy level.  Despite my weight gain and lack of desire to exercise. But you are not alone, I have talked to many women who complain about fatigue, it's just one of many perimenopause systoms.
    • Posted

Hi nancy

the B12 is good, a what the body doesnt need we get rid out ..

but B6 also increases energy and fatigue and assists weight gain loss peri, brain fog, 

and loads of other things too 

have you tried B6 yet.... I take 150mg b6 and B12 injections 

Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.