CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello Group! Is anyone feeling totally crazy? Like you used to love walks in the woods, on the beach, parties, weddings,

.....well you get it.

And now you never want to leave the house. Not even for work or pleasure.

This is totally insane. No wonder they 'committed' women 60-70 years ago for menopause. No one understood it.

Anyone out there happy to go out?

Jamie C.

4 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh I soooo get it. I don't recognise this person I've turned into. Polar opposite to what I was. Just gain comfort from the fact that you are not alone 
  • Posted

I just want to stay at home. It is a challenge to get me out. If I could choose I stay at home. Feel safe&happy at home. When evening comessage I feel so exhausted that no one can persuade me to go out!
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

I know exactly what you mean. I've gotten to the point that I only go out when I have to. It's a struggle to get me out and I have not been out in 5 months except if I have too. I either don't feel up to it, or scared of how I'm going to feel. Home feels safe so that's where I'd rather be. You certainly are not alone.

• Posted

I get totally panicky if I have to go out. What to wear, what to take, where to park, hair a mess. Used to love a day out or meal out with friends now I'll find any excuse not to go or rush back home as soon as possible. 
  • Posted

Know how you feel I don't go out unless its essential this just isnt me. Help!
    • Posted

I sure do. I need to wash clothes. My hampers are running over and everytime I attempt. I sit back down. There is plenty of housework to be done but plain and simple, i just don't feel like it. Even showering and fixing my hair is a daunting task. I changed so much it's ridiculous.
    • Posted

YES Chris! Walking across the room to the other side is sometimes an effort!!

Forget running to the store spontaneously to grab one item. It takes a rocket scientist to get me to do the simplest things. I hate it!!

• Posted

God im so glad its not just me I really struggle to do anything thanks jamie I don't feel so alone. I hate it too I used to be so Conscious of how I looked now I just dont care and I feel so sad about that
  • Posted

Every day is a challenge to go outside the home. I don't even know who this person is when I look into the mirror. I was the dragging everyone out to do something. Now they are the one trying to get me out of the house to do something. This menopause is rediculous to what it does to us women. Had blood work done, and found out after 2 yrs of my doctor telling me that my thyroid was fine, that she was mistaken. My thyroid was low low low. I'm on medication to fix it. Been on it for a week now. Starting to feel some what better, but still not totally cured. But just goes to show you how a doctor doesn't want to believe a person when we talk to them about menopause and thyroid. I hope you find some comfort in this chat room of wonderful women. If it was for this chat room I probably would have gone insane by now. Take care and hang in there.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

I was hoping it would improve along with the other things from HRT. So far though it's not the case.

I have a funeral to go to soon not sure what day yet but not really interested in going. Not that anyone enjoys such things all I keep thinking is how can I get out of the wake it's hard enough without having to be around lots of people.

Both my girls got engaged this year just hoping that by the time they arrange their weddings I'm going to feel more up for it.

It's not anxiety just feel happier at home.

On a brighter note we have just had 2 of my husband's friends around with my eldest and twin grandsons and I'm not feeling as worn out about it all as I would have done 6 months ago so maybe things are improving slowly.

• Posted

I can so understand what every woman is going through with this change of life.  It's been two years since my last period and I have had every symptom imaginable.  The last three years have been hell, but I am happy to say that I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I had hot flashes, food allergies, total fatigue, extreme anxiety (couldn't leave the house), heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, hair loss, saggy skin, headaches, memory loss, obsessive thoughts, worried about absolutely everything.  I am fighting an auto immune disease to begin with and menopause was like adding gasoline to a fire...my symptoms got worse.  But I have to say that my menopause symptoms are getting better.  I actually have days were I feel somewhat like a human being.  The hot flashes are almost gone but replaced with cold flashes.  So, please, ladies, know that this will end....we just need to take one day at a time...one minute at a time...but it will end.  Also, I did find some relief with progesterone cream at night made me feel relaxed sometimes and also the suppliment DHEA 5 mg (don't take more than 5mg and don't take it for a prolonged period of time).  

Also eating protein is a good idea and stay away from sugar and caffeine.  Eating good nutritious food helped too.

• Posted

Oh wow I could cry. I have every symptom you listed.

Been in peri eight years. Currently no period for nearly six months.

Oh boy just when I thought it couldn't get worse it had!!!.

Hearing you say it gets better has just made me feel such a relief because I was beginning to think I would be like this the rest of my life.

Depression and anxiety so bad today I can barely function.

I'm not on hrt but was on an AD for a year. No longer on that now weaned myself off eight weeks ago.

Good or bad decision I'm not sure sad

But thank you again for your reassuring words. They have helped more than you know.

God bless you x

• Posted

I'm glad I could help.  I remember reading an article about a women who went through menopause and said the same thing....it will end.  They were the best words I ever read.  When you're going through it, it feels like it will never end and this is the new you.  I'm not totally through it yet...I can still have off days but the anxiety is soooo much better and I don't obsess anymore....worrying about every little detail and what if this happens or if that happens.  I have a new drespect for what my mom went through.  I can remember as a kid thinking she was nuts....now I know why.  smile

Hang in there, Girl!!!

• Posted

Oh yes the anxiety and obsessing about every little thing! !!!

Thanks again for the glimmer of hope x

• Posted

How did you distinguish between what was menopause and what was autoimmune symptoms?
    • Posted

My autoimmune symptoms were mainly fatigue, pain, and stiffness.  These symptoms were more severe right before my period then got better after my period but when perimenopause started and my periods got crazy and eventually stopped...my symptoms stayed bad for several years.  On top of that I had lots of new menopause symptoms to deal with like anxiety, obsessiveness, hair loss (it was falling out in clumps), and dizzyiness.  The anxiety was really bad...I even got Claustrophobic...couldn't stand feeling trapped.  Couldn't be too far from home.  I couldn't be stuck in traffic or stand in line at the store or be in a crowded place....it was terrible.  But most of that is gone now after two years into menopause.  I'm hoping for one more year and all of it will be gone and hopefully the autoimmune disease will go into remission once I don't have the hormones triggering it all the time.
    • Posted

Cloe,

Make sure you have your thyroid checked.  I have the same thing with my autoimmune symptoms.  Since I started menopause it seems like my body froze up.  My thyroid crashed to. Ive been on Natur thryoid for many years had to double my dose.  My hair looked really bad but know it is nice and full.  If only my body wouldn't be in so much pain and stiffness I would be doing good.    Sherry

• Posted

Good idea....I haven't had blood work done in a while....so it cant hurt.  I had my thyroid tested years ago when all this started but it was fine.  I was later diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis...a form of arthritis. My hair stopped falling out....I'm glad I had thick hair to begin with. Thank for the advice...next month when I see the doc i'll mention getting blood work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.