Crazy period!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good morning all!

My period started yesterday and I had the weirdest symptoms ever! I felt weak, nauseous, cold, shaky, anxious and just bad all over. It was the worst onset to my period that I have ever experienced. Have any of you had this?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hormone testing is not accurate if you are still having periods, you would need to have blood taken & tested everyday to get a true reading because they all fluctuate daily. Your own knowledge and researching your symptoms is the best, keep a daily diary it helps you recognise patterns

• Posted

Yes this exactly what I do. It does help especially if I look back on previous month's symptoms and have had something similar then I know that what I'm feeling is hormones.

• Posted

When I had a PAP and bloodwork done at the VA, they called to inform me I was Perimenopausal so ithey must be able to diagnose it this way.
  • Posted

My doc has treated my family for a long time, I think you need a doctor who knows you well and recognises that you are not a crazy middled aged woman.
    • Posted

That's a very valid point. Having a doctor that knows you well does make a difference. I have had a couple of different doctors recently because I've relocated.

• Posted

The last period I had was horrible. I was shaking, heart racing, feeling like I was going to pass out, dizzy, had one of the worst panic attacks. I had to get out of the car and and pace to keep from calling the ambulance. I got myself together enough to make it home but shaking and nervous. As soon i got home, i went to the bathroom to wee and there was my period. It was the worst i've ever experienced.

• Posted

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I can actually relate to that. I had something similar happen to me. It is so frightening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.