creatinine 200, urea 17. how long to go to dialysis?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am 34female. thanks for sharing.

i was diagnosed with lupus nephritis class iv since i was 12 years old. however, now developed into CKD stage 4. GFR around 30-35.

wish to hear more from you guys. thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI!  I have lupus too. Had it since 1992. First year of college. Had kidney trans 16 years ago. Going for a second one soon. Gfr at 20. If you are under the care of a transplant team they will tell you at gfr of 20 or less you can join the transplant list so when you need the kidney you can avoid dialysis. My creat is between 2.6 and 2.9. It's jumpy. I believe you have to be under gfr of 10 to get dialysis or transplant. Are you having symptoms?
    • Posted

my creatinine is used to be around 160-190. i am 153cm, 52kg. 

i knew my kidney function is bad.

i have been control well since 2008 to 2015. creatinine well maintain 160-190, with no urine protein.

however, this flare up shoot up my creatinine. worried a lot .

• Posted

Hi,

I think it depends on a whole lot of factors icluding your age, general health apart from the CKD etc.  I am 73 and my GFR has been 24 for a year now. Generally I'm in good health, though I have six monthy appointments with the local renal unit and blood tests every 3 months.  my main problem has been finding medication that will control by blood pressure adequately- but that's done now.  Also my red haemoglobin keeps dropping and I take a daily iron supplement.  This we my consultant told me my folic acid levels  and vitamin B12 were too low.  Apparently you need these to make healthy blood cells.  I'm on patient view and monitor my results but these measures are not included on patient view yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.