Cronic sinutis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, i have had cronic sinutis for many months and at my wits end. I have had course after course of antibotics and on 30 mg cocodomol and strong inflammotory and still in pain. The pain wakes me of a nite and will b awake for hours, sometimes in tears, i pass huge bloodclots from nostrils 3-4 times a day, these get stuck and cause me problems, my cheeks are sumtimes swollen. Terrible tootchache, facial pain, headache, i also have a deviated septum with nasal valve collaspe too that causes breathing problems, the infection has since Spread to eyes, now got antibotics eyedrops, i have every Spray that a chemist stock, i found neilmed helped but isnt working nomore. Its really effecting me and have resulted to tears the last few days as getting worse and have had enougth. Docs all they seen to do is perscribe antibotics. They dont work, has anyone got any advice? Xxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had same issues for 2 years now seems never ending. It actually makes you quite depressed doesn't it, never used to lose my temper but gets so frustrating. I have kept insisting on referrals to ear nose and throat and have latest appointment tomorrow. They have now said if I keep getting infections they will do some kind of surgery, I'm full of it tonight so they should see that tomorrow I hope. Doctors will just help with short term you need ent to take it any further and get to some kind of closure

• Posted

They didn't really do a lot to be honest because I have tried every nasal spray and had countless antibiotics. So they have now referred me for surgery but just want to do one more Ct scan to determine the best type. So could drag on for quite a while.....

• Posted

Have u tryed the neilmeds? Ive tryed everyone going. Found neilmed the best but stopped helping, atleast u are in the process in sumthing being done, i going to go bk to docs and ask for referrel. Antibotics dont work, ive had so many course x
    • Posted

Yes worked for a little while but like everything else only temporary. Yes that seems like the only way to go even if it's a long process x

• Posted

Guys, at this point you should be considering surgery. Chronic sinusitis is no joke, I've been through it, and I know how if it feels like. Going months at a time without being able to get a molecule of air trough my nose is a depressing experience. In november 2015 I had sinus surgery and and have yet to have any sinus infections since! I havent even gotten sick since then! not even a cold! When before I used to get sick at least 4 times a winter, with sinus infections. Once you go surgery you never go back. I almost want to beg you to do it, because I know how much you must be suffering. 

• Posted

I had septum surgery, and they also reduced the size of the turbinates. Pretty easy recovery as well. 
    • Posted

Thank u that was one of the options that was present to me . Only thing the a ent was going to leave my septum alone and was just going to reduce my turbinates. You r actually the one of the few that's have heard that has found success from surgery I have heard many horror stories which has been one of the reasons I have stayed away from the surgery. My ENT could not even guarantee success. And u r so right chronic sinusitis is no joke

• Posted

Hmmm really? I heard alot of positive results on the internet before my surgery which gave me confidence. Maybe I didn't look hard enough though...

• Posted

Please let me know where u looked because I was totally discourage by what I read. So I am open for any positive information.
    • Posted

Hi franko, I am at my wits end with pain I just hope when I go to my ent he will suggest it. I heard the wait for surgery is a long wait you made want the surgery. Have a good day. Jeannie
  • Posted

Hi, I know what you're going through, I've been suffering for over 2 years, getting an operation in July, I've got an obstructed maxillary infundibulum, I have constant nasal pressure that pulsates and I feel nauseous...... Doing my head in.

• Posted

Yea, its awful, its the pain and the sleepness nites. How long have u been waiting for the op? X
    • Posted

I'm from Anglesey, N Wales. The waiting list is 9 months...... I did contemplate going private but I'm used to the suffering by now and time flies. Just hope it cures it.

• Posted

Ive been told only a number of hosp do sinuis surgery and waiting times are long, 9 months isnt to long. I think i go back to docs n b blunt for a referrel to ent, ive had so many antibotics its stupid, they dont work x
    • Posted

Don't know if you have insurance but they help you find the doctor you need. It's on the back of your card. Or go on line and see if you can find one place hospital where you don't have to wait.jeannie4006

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.