Crushing morning depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

OK, so I want to know if anyonen else suffers from this.  My morning depression is so bad,  I am almost suicidal.  It seems as the day goes by, the anxiety/depression gets a little better, and then by night time, I am my old self.  I do take medication...lamictal, paxil, and gabapentin and klonopin as needed.  Who else suffers from this.  Do you ever get over it?   Was a med adjustment necessary. I have working with my pdoc on this for 4 months.  Please help.  

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there,

I can also relate deeply to your morning depression, it can be devasting. I wake up almost suicidal, tears, dread and panic. I notice I ruminate on my ex bf vividly as he occurs in my dreams generally before I wake, and we split up a year ago-it’s been off and on but I think this may have a part but I was doing better after the initial split so I’m just left confused if you understand...I guess letting him back in was a let down and I spiraled downward as I let him make me think my success wasn’t anything-that I had to conform to him. So I’m quite angry at myself.

However, this morning depression/anxiety has been going on for many months. I have been on 600 mg lithium and clonazepam at bedtime for 7 years. Cannot tolerate anti depressants. Routinely, I suffer from depression but this is heavy. 

I had a terrible dream a couple weeks ago and it made things worse, at times I feel like a terrible person from dreaming what I dreamt as it’s now like ocd rumination which is new to me. Is this a build up of depression/anxiety? I tend to think so.

I think if I try and go for a morning walk it might help, it’s sort of nice sharing this on here as I don’t have many to talk to.

I really pray for you. I just don’t want to feel like a terrible person anymore, even though I am told I’m a good, loving person I sometimes don’t see it that way. Distorted.

Trying to think of happy things. ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.