Crying in the mornings..

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ok so I'm crying as I write this, and don't really know why.. I had a spell of crying every single morning with anxiety and just plain bad feelings for about 6 months. It let up for a while but now it's back.. What gives?? Anyone else have these bad mornings that go on with the crying and feeling like doom, until like the noon hour?? And does it ever end? 😢

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I also know how you feel. I find that taking good quality vitamins helps - I try to take Vit D, selenium, zinc, b complex with iron, vit c regularly and I cut out all stimulants including tea as even tea was giving me palpitations. Kalms tablets.. They say that when you wake up and the bad feelings wash over you its best to get up and eat something.  Or meditation breathing. 
    • Posted

Hi arlette, yes me too I have to eat first thing in the morning or my blood sugar goes too low.. And I too have cut out the sugars , stimulants as well as processed foods.. Not sure if it's even helping because I still have bad symptoms, but it's probably taking the edge off of everything, thanks for sharing..

• Posted

Mornings are awful for me too. I wake up and within a few minutes I feel physically and mentally awful . Evenings are slightly better although not by much. X
    • Posted

Hi sarahonadowner, yes I definitely agree mornings are the worst!!! And I don't know why but they are awful, must have something to do with the cortisol I read...and just like you evenings are a bit better, hope this all goes away for all of us suffering soon!!! Take care..

• Posted

Hi there. Speaking about cortisol what food or suppliments do you know of that can keep cortisol levels normal. I think cortisol is the problem with feeling tired/crap in the mornings. Whatever happens when we sleep with our cortisol levels when we wake and get up maybe its to high or low?? Just guessing
    • Posted

Well from what I've read to bring down the cortisol level is exercise any form like walking, even just walking around fast through the house carrying the laundry to the washer and back to room vacuuming , anything just keep moving and that should bring it down.. I'm pretty sure thats why i was feeling so bad this morning, the longer you lay around in your bed the worse you feel for me that is.. And so my routine is to get up right away and get moving or I get into that anxiety crying hell that's really hard to pull yourself out of.. What about you how do you cope and bring your levels down??

• Posted

Hi Gypsy

Yes totally agree doing stuff around the house or a little brisk walk works well. Although its so cold here ( in ireland) hard to motivate myself to go out for a walk in the evenings after work. I sometimes make that mistake and lie on rather than getting up straight away and yes you are absolutely right your mind races and it doesnt help. I dont know any other way.......B vitamins and magnesium are a help too. Do you take any supplements.

• Posted

Hi Gypsy, I had that for several months last year.  Eventually, it did go away, but I don't know why.  I was waking up crying every morning.  I still have doom and gloom feelings sometimes.

• Posted

Hi. I have been experiencing the same things in the morning. Some days I just call in sick and stay in bed. Did you do anything that helped it to stop. I have tried several antidepressants without much success. I am 56 and this has been going on almost 2 years. Can't wait to get to the light at the end of the tunnel!

• Posted

Patrice, I agree!  It will be great to see that light.  No, I never found a solution during that hard time.  It was really debilitating, though, as you describe.  I felt so much better in the evenings that I dreaded going to bed because I knew I’d wake up crying the next day.  I wish I had a solution to recommend!  Eventually, it just stopped, without me even realizing it until several days went by when I woke up normally.  It was terrifying.  If anyone here has a solution, I hope they’ll post!!!  🌸

• Posted

Patrice, I did think of something that may help.  I posted about this issue when I was going through it.  You can click on my name, go to discussions that I started, and find the one called “Waking up sad in peri.”  It is too old for new responses, but I’d forgotten that there were 97 replies!!!  Have a read and see if any of the responses help you.  If you don’t find it, let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.