CT SCAN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Sarajo here

Just to let everyone know that I have an appointment for my CT scan - Im quite nervous because I've never had one

Do you think I would be allowed to take in my ipod to take my mind off it or would it affect systems.

Hope fully it would tell me once & for all what is slowly diseasing my once perfect lungs

Im just grateful it wasnt cancer

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A CT doesn't last that long I am not sure about bringing an ipod because you have to listen to the instructions given to you about when to take breaths in etc. It isn't as easy as an xray but it is much quicker and quieter than an MRI.

• Posted

Hi Moon53540

I put a note for everyone to say I had it done today (3/11) & its nice to get it over with . Its the dreaded results of what it is that is slowly killing off my once perfect lungs

• Posted

do you mind me asking what are your symptoms as to why you got the CT scan to start with?

• Posted

No that's fine. It started as a chest infection. then when that cleared up I was & still.am having chest pains

getting tired after the smallest activity

I had a breathing test & had confirmation there is some restriction in my lungs & that's why I had to have a ct scan. I've now got an appointment to be told the fate of my lungs

• Posted

A CT scan is not like an MRI scan which can take ages. It is more like a normal xray and the machine is totally open. You can always ask if you can take your ipod, but you probably won't have time to listen to it.

• Posted

Cheers for your reply appreciate that

• Posted

All very best wishes Sarajo, it will soon be over and done with.

• Posted

Hi Sue55461

Ive put a big note to everyone saying Ive had it done now .

Does any overdose of radiation (prsumably gamma radiation) after a scan alter the chemistry of the body ( a bit like David Banner to the Hulk) if anything stresses you out

• Posted

Hi Sarajo,

I honestly haven't a clue. However, if you're starting to get angry, swell up so that your tops are bursting open, then I guess it would! 😉

To be honest I've never heard of anything like it before and it certainly didn't affect me after having mine in January 2018. I'd suggest you try not to worry yourself about such things and concentrate on finding yourself a hobby to put your mind on. Think of something you'll really enjoy.

Best wishes,

Sue

• Posted

Hi

i have 3 hobbies Horseriiding which ive been doing for 40 years.i go to pub Quiz every thursday & embroidery. & done over 10 of them in the last few years & currently doing one.

ive got my appointment for december 10th to.tell me my fate ( results of my scan)

I had the results of my.breathing test.& it said there is some restriction in my lungs

• Posted

Hi Sarajo,

I'm so pleased to hear that, the more active you're able to focus on good things the less time you will have to worry too much about your health.

Best wishes for your CT results, I hope the news in good and that whatever is wrong can be put right. Until then, just remember that any amount of worry, which is natural, won't change the outcome!

Thinking of you,

Sue x

• Posted

Hi Sue

At least the nurse said rule out cancer so I just hope they dont suddenly say its cancer

I can only think it to be adult asthma if there is significant restrictions in my breathing but thats only my thinking -if its so there is asthama sprays isnt there

I only pray that there isnt something serious that means a hospital stay

Walking up the stairs causes me to be knackered & to take a breath before I get ready for bed.

Im in a dark place again now -if its not a broken pelvis its breathing difficulties. I thought that Id seen a new light when my pelvis mended & surrendered my crutch only to be kicked back into darkness again

I dread they may say a new ongoing condition that may get worse & eventually I might die of it -I cant help that it crosses my mind .

That said between now & 10th December (day of my appointment) unless something happens (god forbid) ! Im going to try to forget it because Ive been to the pictures today, 17th November Im going to an 80s concert then November 26 is my birthday then 29 novemember its another 80s concert

after that i'll be thinking about it again - I'll know what it is -2 weeks before xmas of all days

• Posted

If it were cancer they would have done something sooner. Do you ever take steroids for your lung problems?

• Posted

no -its ironic you said that because the doctor at the hospital mentioned something about steroids

What are steroids meant to do for lung problems

I thought steroids were only meant for athletes when at the gym

• Posted

I am talking about corticosteroids not anabolic steroids which is what people seem to take to build up their muscles, they are totally different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.