CT SCAN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Sarajo here

Just to let everyone know that I have an appointment for my CT scan - Im quite nervous because I've never had one

Do you think I would be allowed to take in my ipod to take my mind off it or would it affect systems.

Hope fully it would tell me once & for all what is slowly diseasing my once perfect lungs

Im just grateful it wasnt cancer

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They needed the contrast media so that they would have an improved scan of the inside of the body in my case. Perhaps in your case they felt the more detailed information was not necessary. I just had an ordinary xray recently for lung cancer not even a CT scan with no cannula!

• Posted

Contrast media helps distinguish selected areas of the body from surrounding tissue. By improving the visibility of specific organs, blood vessels or tissues, contrast media helps the diagnosis of medical conditions. Basically you get a more detailed scan.

• Posted

Hi

Oh I see- so if they suddenly decide they want to do that -then I'll know what to expect.

But I think my appointment letter will tell me once & for all what is killing off my once perfect lungs

I'd understand if I was a smoker but given Im not - it s depressing -God imagine if they say itll get worse & I'll die of it- That will tip me over the edge I think

• Posted

I would have thought they would have asked for contrast media at the beginning. It is always a worry waiting for results, I feel for you.

• Posted

If they did I'd be asking what that was lol -

Im really scared. Im very depressed because my lungs have always been perfect & sometimes I used to go to the gym & do some running & work quite hard but now I darent because Im so afraid of having a heart attack -so I've closed that door now for my own sake

If walking fast or walking upstairs makes me very knackered (normally that doesnt) can you imagine what would happen if i went to the gym -so not risking it

I'd rather get it out of the way

The appointment is a tuesday & thank god that my mum said if th appointment is a tuesday take it & she'll rearrange her day so she can take me -which she has done

• Posted

It is horrible waiting for an appointment like that. You will be very relieved when you actually have it though. I am sure your fears will not be as bad as you imagine.

• Posted

if it is asthma at least theres a spray for it ( if its still in use - but i ll be asking what can they do to get rid of these crackles in my lungs

im depressed because my lungs were perfect when i was young & indeed in my 40s. & i used to go to my local gym but now i cant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.