CT Scan following chest x ray

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had a lasting cough that was not going away. I went for a chest x ray and was told straight away that I needed to go back for a CAT scan as there was something viewed that needed further examination in more detail. The radiographer said that it was the doctor that advised this. She said not to worry and tried to reassure me it might simply be an infection. I'm a life long smoker and I am not stupid that this could be lung cancer. Surely they wouldn't get me back for a ct scan if they simply thought to was an infection.

I am now waiting on appt. they said it would be within a couple of weeks and I am really worried now the more I think. Would they just get me back in for a ct scan to determine an infection or something other than lung cancer?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have just seen your thread and wondered if everything was okay with your CT scan?

• Posted

Hi Thomas, how are you today? Im going through the similar situation. My mum had x ray and then was called to do CT scan. they have also mentioned something about infection but Im thinking the same as you, would they do ct scan because of infection?

thank you 

• Posted

Hi Thomas:   Today I just got a call from my Doctor saying I had and abnormail CT scan and he wants to see me right away.  When reading your post, I was so moved that it exactly read my scenario and I wanted to find out what happened.   I hope this isn't showing up on the site, but if you can, can you email a response personally to me?  I just signed up tonight, but if that's possible, I would love to meet someone that went through the same thing.  In hopes of finding someone to talk to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.