Cure for frozen shoulder!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone! In February I had a very painful arm injury in my left arm. I initially thought I tore a tendon in my bicep and kept my arm in a sling and limited my movement. By March, the pain was unbearable  and I lost mobility. I couldn’t get dressed/undressed, shut my car door, blow dry my hair, etc

If I accidentally bumped my arm, I would fall to my knees in pain because it was so excruciating. Night time was torture. I knew even worse pain would come, the throbbing aches along with the sharp stabbing pains.

I finally saw an orthopedic at the beginning of April and was diagnosed with frozen shoulder. I never even heard of it! 

They recommended surgery and intense PT but their schedule was four weeks out. 

I didn’t schedule it, determined to figure it out on my own. 

My mom is a retired RN and really into natural cures. She recommended MSM. 

I finally bought it on Sunday and my frozen shoulder is going away!!!! I never in my life thought it would work but I was kind of tired of her nagging me, lol

I guess Mom always knows best no matter how old you are. 

I take 2 a day and the turn around I had been nothing short of a miracle. The first night I still didn’t sleep but that fall to your knees pain was already gone. Since then, I have slept all night and pain free!!!! While it is still tight and my movement isn’t fully there, it gets better everyday. Within a few days, I could  raise my arm above my head. The tightness never bothered me, it was the pain and sleepless nights. 

I wanted to share this with everyone going through the misery of frozen shoulder. I got it at GNC and it was around $11-12. 

It really worked for me and I hope it works for you too. I wish I had known about is sooner! At this rate, it will be gone before summer when it normally can last up to 2 years. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glad it worked for you but I won't hold my breath lol.

My right shoulder is almost pain free but still frozen. My left shoulder is a few weeks behind but the pain has never eased up. It really wears on me. I'm 6 months in on my right shoulder and just over 5 months on my left. Ready for it to end.

• Posted

I know! I spent the entire month of March in horrible pain. I’m not the only one that has said MSM has worked for them. I looked at other forums on this site and there’s an entire thread about MSM curing frozen shoulder. And here I thought I had discovered a break through cure ! Lol

Even if it might not work for you, it’s worth a shot because of how inexpensive the pills are. If you look up MSM, there’s actually a lot of good health benefits besides helping with frozen shoulder. 

I hope your other shoulder unfreezes and you are pain free soon! 

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing your great news! I am going to buy some MSM today. I will report back with my results.  Any recommended dose? 
    • Posted

I take 2 a day, which is the recommended dose. I take it with food because the first time I took it on an empty stomach, I got a little nauseated. I hope it works for you too smile
    • Posted

Yeah, I went to GNC today. I bought their brand of  MSM , 1000mg, and took one with a bottle of water. I am experiencing some heart burn, so I will make sure to take the next dose with food. I am feeling hopeful! Thank you!
    • Posted

Hi Melissa! I hope it helps you too!!! It didn’t stop the pain the first night, but worked the second. I’m on day 5. I can lift my arm above my head as high as the other one now. I can put my hand behind my head, and I can put my hand on my waist. I still don’t have full movement putting my arm behind me, but I can actually put my hand in my back pocket. Last week, I couldn’t do any of these things. 

But most importantly, the pain is gone! I feel a little bit achy when I first wake up but it goes away as soon as I start moving around.

I’m just really happy that I didn’t have to go through surgery or PT, and it is definitely going to be completely gone soon.  Please keep me posted on how you are doing smile 

• Posted

This is my second frozen shoulder that I am dealing with now.  My first week is 90% healed. My second has never grown as severe in either degree of lost mobility or degree of pain, but has been following the same overall process and timeline. I have been with this frozen shoulder site for over a year, and never happened to stumble across MSM as a possible treatment. So thank you again for sharing. 
  • Posted

Thanks beachbabe, I ordered some online today and I’m really hoping it’ll make a difference, at least to the pain level. I had a cortisone injection over a week ago and it’s had no effect whatsoever. Not sleeping much and really need something!
    • Posted

I hope it works for you! The pain when trying to sleep is torture! It severely hurts no matter how you lay, prop up pillows, every time you turn...

I’m still having a little bit of stiffness, especially on cold rainy days like today in Ohio, but at least I slept last night without pain.  Let me know!

• Posted

Hi.  Also a FS sufferer after falling hard on same shoulder 3 times in 3 days snowboarding.

Sleeping is extraordinarily painful..  MOVEMENT seems to be the key, and enough movement to cause cracks and thumps in the joint.  I know.. this is super painful, but 5 mins afterwards movement is MUCH better.  Have been trying this rather brutal regime of forcing movement.   It is very strange.. the brain is shouting no no no, but if you continue the stretch (like the walking finger excercise)  it is really a lot better after the initial 10 minutes of cursing and sweating.  One of my best days was when I nearly fell off a chair and instinctively reached up quickly with my shoulder.. OUCH  but 5 mins afterwards, had extraordinary flexibility.  The real bummer is after sleeping, it all freezes up again a little, so the first 30 mins after waking up seems particularly tricky.  I have to pendulum-swing and loosen up  slowly.  Pain (even with codeine) high and nearly making me throw up,  but after 30 mins, have a useable shoulder.  Good luck everyone.   I think we are all different, so here is only my take on this painful predicament. 

• Posted

So I got my MSM on Wednesday and started taking it straight away. I’ve definitely noticed a difference in pain. I also have a little more movement. I’m not getting too excited, but I’ve been working in the garden all day today and although it’s a little sore now, definitely not as bad as it would have been before the MSM. I’m taking 1000mg once a day, but might increase it. I’m feeling more positive than I have since the FS started.
    • Posted

I just saw this! I’m so happy that you are feeling positive. I just talked to a woman over the weekend who had surgery for FS. It took her over a year to heal and she said she didn’t know what was worse-the pain from the surgery and PT or just having FS. I’m just relieved that I don’t have to go through all of that! 

I’ve been doing a lot of outside work too, and heavy lifting. I was dreading the pain that would come at night, but nothing happened. 

Have you increased the MSM?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I haven’t increased my dose yet. The pain continues to improve. Before MSM I had a lot of pain - aching and throbbing - all down my arm, especially at night. Now, I only have an ache in the joint itself and I’m able to sleep through the night. I had a cortisone injection 2 weeks ago and I don’t know if it’s a delayed reaction from that of if it’s the MSM, but I don’t really care. I will continue with MSM regardless. I’ve also started taking fish oil. I’m so glad I read your post.

I have physio tomorrow and it’s usually pretty sore after, so we’ll see what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.