Cure for frozen shoulder!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone! In February I had a very painful arm injury in my left arm. I initially thought I tore a tendon in my bicep and kept my arm in a sling and limited my movement. By March, the pain was unbearable  and I lost mobility. I couldn’t get dressed/undressed, shut my car door, blow dry my hair, etc

If I accidentally bumped my arm, I would fall to my knees in pain because it was so excruciating. Night time was torture. I knew even worse pain would come, the throbbing aches along with the sharp stabbing pains.

I finally saw an orthopedic at the beginning of April and was diagnosed with frozen shoulder. I never even heard of it! 

They recommended surgery and intense PT but their schedule was four weeks out. 

I didn’t schedule it, determined to figure it out on my own. 

My mom is a retired RN and really into natural cures. She recommended MSM. 

I finally bought it on Sunday and my frozen shoulder is going away!!!! I never in my life thought it would work but I was kind of tired of her nagging me, lol

I guess Mom always knows best no matter how old you are. 

I take 2 a day and the turn around I had been nothing short of a miracle. The first night I still didn’t sleep but that fall to your knees pain was already gone. Since then, I have slept all night and pain free!!!! While it is still tight and my movement isn’t fully there, it gets better everyday. Within a few days, I could  raise my arm above my head. The tightness never bothered me, it was the pain and sleepless nights. 

I wanted to share this with everyone going through the misery of frozen shoulder. I got it at GNC and it was around $11-12. 

It really worked for me and I hope it works for you too. I wish I had known about is sooner! At this rate, it will be gone before summer when it normally can last up to 2 years. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update on MSM-

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday, who is a doctor, and told her that I was taking MSM for frozen shoulder. She knew about it and  does recommend  MSM to her patients and suggested taking Omega 3 with it. The Omega 3 is useful in helping the stiffness and pain. I can’t take it because it is fish oil, but I thought I would put it out there. 

• Posted

Let me know if that helps too! I can’t have fish oil, but I think there is a vegetarian option (although probably not as effective) 
    • Posted

Thanks for asking. I have just returned from a two day trip, and I failed to bring the MSM with me while I was away. Give me a few more days to assess, and I will report back! 
    • Posted

Well, here I am. I have taken half the amount of MSM you recommended for the past five days. I will be increasing the dosage tomorrow . I suffer with heartburn and reflux, so I have been seeing how well I would handle the half dose. It seems that I am doing well enough to go ahead and start the full amount. On just the half dose, I have noticed that the "edge"  has been taken off my pain, and I have experienced some very minor improvements in mobility. This is my second frozen shoulder, and my seeming response to the MSM is reminiscent of the beginning of the turning point with the first shoulder when the pain just suddenly diminished, except not as definitively this time. I will report back in another week, after I have been taking the full amount. 

• Posted

I’m sorry you’re having heartburn and acid reflux ! Ugh,  that on top of FS!!!

Happy to hear that MSN is working for you, even if it is slow improvement. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.