Curiosity of cirrhosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone here with cirrhosis has red coloring at the base of there fingernails where the nail forms I have it very lightly and have other symptoms doctors still can't tell for sure if I have cirrhosis thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, but I have no idea how to help you. How many years have you been drinking and how many units per day? More information please.
    • Posted

For 1 year I've had pain and tenderness over my liver normal stool and urine my nails are kind of pale 6 to 10 beers a day for almost 8 years with the over dueing on the weekends like 15 beers and I've had all normal bloods and ultrasound male 5'10 140 lbs I also have red hands and spider nevus about 10 of them have not drank for 2 months now minor improvement also I've seen 5 different doctors who cannot tell me why I'm having issues

• Posted

A doctor can tell immediately if you have cirrhosis of the liver based on the blood test result and a physical exam of the liver. (You lay down and suck in your stomach while the doctor pushes down on the liver and he can feel the organ for changes). An ultrasound will immediately tell if your liver has been affected. Change doctors!
    • Posted

I've seen 5 different doctors and had a crap ton of tests done

• Posted

All test come back normal
    • Posted

A doctor cannot tell cirrhosis from blood tests. Only an abdominal ultrasound or other scan, will confirm cirrhosis. Take it from someone who has cirrhosis.
    • Posted

Good replies from Judge and rhgb for certain. Perhaps change doctor. What country are you in please? How can we guide you?
    • Posted

You can have normal blood test results, but still have cirrhosis. A scan or ultrasound is needed for a definite diagnosis
  • Posted

Thank all of you for the replies I greatly appreciate it I think I'll ask for a new scan and see maybe if I can get a fibro scan my doctor did note I have mild clubbing of my nails I don't know if it's a sign of cirrhosis he said that it's mainly in lung cancer but I have just had a chest xray of my lungs and they said that they look great for smoking for 15 years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.