Curious why the most recommended Gout treatments are not working for me.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had a serious case of Gout since 2/9/17. Taking Doctor prescribed Colchicine twice a day along with two G-Out capsules and a lot of Tart Cherry extract juice. Going on the eleventh day of pain and swelling with no real rewlief thus far. Also staying away from alcohol and what I've been able to determine are 'bad' Gout foods, but trying to drink a lot of water. Any opinions?

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

rustyG has it right. Fructose is possibly your biggest enemy. It can promote 'cell shock' which makes the body degrade nucleic acids of which purines are the result.

Also, check out the affects of amylopectin A in Wheat.

Good luck.

• Posted

No wonder I cannot eat wheat without expecting a gout attack. Wheat for me has been off my food list for decades now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.