Currently Detoxing!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a relapse two months ago.

I went right back to my old patterns after SIX past detoxes.

It was so fast and insidious- Started out slow then built up but I was even drinking less than I used to .... apparently my body wasn't having it despite my damaged mind wanting the substance.

I will articulate the embarrassment and shame for when I'm detoxed and safe since I am just emotional and scared currently and wanting to get through this (again)!

Tried to ween slightly and then quit Wed at 9pm - and had my last drink.

Took a left over Klonopin I had been prescribed for anxiety (only had 7 prescribed and I didn't take them as don't like benzos). The Klonopin .5mg was NOT helping my symptoms.

Needless to say I started having detox symptoms as I was under medicating.

Went to the ER the next morning at 9am Thursday after not sleeping for 3 days. Chest pain palpitations shakes etc.

Was given 10mg Valium and a prescription for 25 .5 mg pills as well as naltrexone and trazadone. I was also Hypokalemic in the ER and given potassium and a saline IV but nothing else.

I was to take 1-2 Valium every 6 hours for the first 48 hours then every 8 hours for one day then then every 12 hours 1 day then daily for 1-2days.

I have been taking as prescribed- however still having really bad symptoms of shaking, sweating not sleeping, hearing and seeing my "dreams" when I close my eyes but I'm not asleep. Panic and agitation. Vomiting.

It's now on 53 hours since the last drink and STILL no sleep.

I fell asleep at 12 and woke up at two suddenly.

The Valium does not make me tired. I haven't slept now for about 5 days.

However I don't feel comfortable taking the trazadone with the Valium and I just woke up - my last .5mg of Valium was at 8pm.

This is by far the longest - worst withdrawal I've had (I know they get worse the more you do them) and the most I haven't slept. I really don't understand how and why I am completely not tired, completely awake all day and night and when I fell asleep tonight at 12 I woke up SUDDENLY WIDE AWAKE 2 hours later when I haven't slept in 5 days!!!

sad

You know - as horrible as this all is it is a HUGE help to have you guys to talk to. This is really scary and lonely ... And I really need to work out why it is I have done this to myself so many times - knowing the pain of detox and genuinely wanting to stay sober.

Treatment options are far too expensive for me but I'm trying to get into a free womens study program by me that's from a really well respected treatment center.

I have a therapist.

I have a GP - but it's a county hospital and I haven't had luck getting much of any help from them.

Sorry I'm just wide awake and needed to share with someone.

I do appreciate all of you.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who responded to this - I am a bit past my YEAR mark of sobriety. 

smile 

• Posted

Hi, not chatted to u before - but always glad to hear of an achievement - and this is a BIG one.  Respect to you and it will give many hope smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.