Cutting down

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone experience on cutting down on drinking? I drink too much, but I don't want to give up the drink and the socializing in the Pub completely, I just want to cut down and stop after two glasses of Wine.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I used to drink quite a lot everyday but thanks to many factors like family and the need to find a job and cut down i managed to reduce and confine my drinking to the weekends, well what i think might help is an app called alcochange, its free but it helped me keep track of my drinking. I wont say the app did all the work but it did help me a lot when it came to monitoring and actively cutting down. You could try using it. Its got a lot more features but i think you will enjoy finding out on your own.
    • Posted

Well for one I could set daily goals on it, so that if i do drink i then add the drink to the app and it calculates how much ive had and shows me how much I have had. It offered me some much needed positive reinforcement, like "You did a great job not drinking today" etc it doesnt seem like much but for me it was kinda nice being congratulated. The app was at the end of the day highly dependent on me being honest and wasnt the sole factor in me cutting down, but it went a long way with helping me stick to my goals. (goals here being the max number of units allowed a day) Oh and when i did fail to stick to my goals, it contacts a friend (I needed to set that up) to let them know where i am and that i exceeded my goal. Its an emergency feature tho, u can turn that off if you dont want it. Hope my explanation helped. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.