Cystoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

whos had one of these

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience as I am booked for a cystoscopy on May 6th. I am also dreading it, but your posts have calmed my fears. It seems that it doesn't take much these days to aggravate my bladder and I am most afraid of being left with more irritation and frequency after the test. Yesterday I visited my urogyn and had a pelvic floor exam (among other things) and I am quite sore today along with some bladder pressure.

I left with a script for pelvic floor therapy. Has anyone had successful or endorses pelvice floor therapy?

• Posted

hi Jen

you should be ok, just drink plenty of fluids after. keep us posted with ur results.

• Posted

H Lisa basically because my urethra is too narrow they could only go so far in and not all the way to see my bladder so now i have to go for a dilation operation so that they can see whats going on inside my bladder

• Posted

i think this is what they are thinking of doing on me. dr said they could anaesthetise me and go further up with cystoscope rigid one. he said up to me if i was feeling too bad he would do it but im not sure as the bladder thing comes and goes and i do not want this if its so invasive. people have said you bleed afterwards, can get utis and its very uncomfortable. so i have put off the rigid cystoscopy at moment. i hope you have a better outcome

• Posted

hi ann

after a cystoscopy your bleeding is minor, mine was just for a few hrs after the procedure. i now have an appt for saturday to have a dilation of the urethra in which they will go further in to look into my bladder. i think this will make it a bit uncomfortable to pee afterwards.

bit scared to have it done, fingers crossed it helps me for the future.

• Posted

good luck. please let me know what the outcome is and i hope you are in a better position next week

• Posted

hi Ann

thank you i will keep u updated.

• Posted

hi ann

had my dilation done today, a bot sore bit have been told to drink plenty of fluids. Lets see how the next few days go.

will keep u posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.