cystoscopy and scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am a 50 year old male and having a cystoscopy tomorrow 12/02/15 and have to admit i am terrified of having it done and the results.i started having blood in my urine (non visible)a few months ago and only went to the doctors with a pain in my lower back and gave a urine sample which determined blood in my urine so he sent me to have an ultrasound and everything came back normal however there was still blood in my urine so im having the dreaded cystoscopy,if it is not cancer what could it be?can anyone put my mind at ease please?andrew 

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sorry should have said trace of blood was confirmed and had been for over eighteen months.
  • Posted

My name is Michelle, 53, menopause. Experiencing pain/discomfort/pressure from my clitoris area. Take analgesic pain medication. My symptoms mimic a UTI bladder infection without bacteria. This condition is called Interstetial Cystitis. It causes pain and discomfort in the clitoris area. It has been recommended to me to have a Cystoscope test. I'm terrified! Can you be put to sleep during the procedure? Do you have any advice for me? Can they do an MRI test first? God bless Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.