D-Ribose

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Seen a lot online about D-Ribose, I have bought some and was wondering if anyone knew about dosage?  These are 850mg tablets.  Not sure how many I should be taking per day.

Thanks,

Josh

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Josh

yes I take them and find them to be very beneficial for me, but I can't say if they will help you in the same way, I suggest you give them a try and see how you feel.

I take 6 a day which is what it says on the bottle and it takes about 3 or 4 days for them to take effect.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Liz

• Posted

Hi Liz, 

Thank you! It says on my bottle 3 times a day, do you think I should stick with that to start with?

Thanks,

Josh

• Posted

You mean one three times a day? If that's what it says give it a go, but I'm not an expert. Don't take more than the recommendation. My bottle says 3 to 6 once a day and I take the full 6 at lunchtime.

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I have never heard about this product until Josh broght it up. Could you please tell me how it helps you?

Thax,

Dee

• Posted

Dee, 

In case you are interested, it comes in powder form and is sweet.  I sprinkle it on cereal, use it on shakes etc.

It is suppose to give people energy.  Some have had amazing results, but my results were not amazing!

Dawn

Dawn

• Posted

Yes, how can one be so destitute of energy, right? From what I remember D-Ribose is something that naally occurs in our bodies. It's real name is much more scientific sounding.

• Posted

This little bit of info on d ribose has given me a sparkle of hope.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Hi Dee,

Is is sold as a supplement for athletes undertaking strenuous exercise (I wish!) and is a naturally occuring sugar produced in the body. There have been reports on the NIH webisite in the US which show that some patients with ME and fibromyalgia have benefitted from taking it. I understand it is used by the body in the Krebs Cycle and the manufacturing of ATP (don't ask me for any more details as I don't understand the science!) but that helps the body to make energy at the cellular level.

It seems to help me, but I don't know if it would be the same for anybody else. On five occasions I have run out of it and within 4-5 days I have been back to crawling around the house a complete wreck, but with it I seem to have a much better quality of life.

Do some research into it and give it a go if you think it may help you, my GP said it wouldn't hurt me taking it at the recommended dose and any extra would be excreted by my body.

Liz

• Posted

I'm almost dressed and ready to go get some!  The research on it is pretty awesome (I just got done reading)! L-Glutamine is what I have been using with pretty good success.  

I have a muscle disease called Polymyositis (connective Tissue disease) as well as Celiacs (gluten) and the L-Glutamine has been amazing, as long as I remember to take it. 

Someone here mentioned it was sweet, is that naturally occuring or do they add sweetener?  I am very sencitive to sweeteners of nearly all kinds.

Thank you!

• Posted

Well it is the "ose" of Ribose I think that is the sugar bit in the name. I think you would have to see what you can buy and what else they put into it and see if it would be ok for you with your other conditions e.g. the gluten etc.

Let us know if it's of benefit to you won't you?

• Posted

That's three of us that have a bottle that says 6 per day. Wonder if we have the same brand. I take 2 at each meal time with my Co-q10.

• Posted

I will let you know, I am kind of excited now! thax!
    • Posted

I was the one who mentioned that it is sweet!  I buy it in pure powder form.  I Absolutely no other ingredients added. In the past I have ordered it online from more than one source.
    • Posted

I wonder if different brands have better efficacies.  Here in the US there are no laws to prevent scams with vitamins.  I took an iron pill for three months and my levels went down. I took a iron that had three party testing, my numbers went up to where they were supposed to me in 3 months. 
    • Posted

that's a good one if you like it in sweet liquid. it works well, i used to use it. 

• Posted

Yes, I'm not keen on the sweet liquid but I'm using a multi mineral mix now with iron in that. The sweet liquid is fruit concentrates in case anyone's wondering.

• Posted

Thanks Georgia and Dee, 

I really need one.  My iron level tends to go low and my doc just told me that my iron supplement is no good.

• Posted

You're welcome Dawn, 

My friend, who's a vegatarian, had to have two blood transfusions due to a lack of iron. Before them she looked very ill, pale with dark rings around her eyes and afterwards she looked rosy and invigorated.

I would have told her about Fluroxadine a long time ago if I'd know about it then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.