D-Ribose

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Seen a lot online about D-Ribose, I have bought some and was wondering if anyone knew about dosage?  These are 850mg tablets.  Not sure how many I should be taking per day.

Thanks,

Josh

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Josh,

Just in case you are like me and didn't know this when first starting to take D-Ribose, it is suppose to take weeks have much of an affect.

Dawm

• Posted

U have never heard of it, but am looking forward to looking into it! Thanks Josh!
    • Posted

I really hope it works for you.  I think I might put up a video or two on youtube showing/reviewing my progress with the D-Ribose
  • Posted

I took D Ribrose in the powder form, strongest dose you could take three times per day. I had great results to the point I have built myself up over 18 months to a pretty normal life. I no longer take it everyday but have gone from pretty much in the hose resting all the time to being back in full time work for over a year and can exercise again at least three times per week, running up to 5 miles at a time. As I said, I no longer take it everyday but if I have a blip and my warning signs kick in (dizziness and feeling drunk and a bit disorientated/confused) a couple of doses usually gets me back on track - good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for letting us now, hoping beyond hope it helps.  Can't imagine being able to exercise again. Went from playing football 7 times a week to not being able to get out of bed sad           

• Posted

Joanne,

Those are the kind of results I had been hoping for!  I got my hopes way, way up!  Oh well, back to developing patience and trying more things!

• Posted

HOpe it helps you a lot.
    • Posted

That's incredible Joanne! Did you just take D ribose or Co Q10 and L-Carnitine with it?

• Posted

Hi Georgia, I only took D ribose. However, I also underwent six months of CBT and my therapist taught me how to use pacing. I know there has been a lot of controversy around this,and I truly know how lucky I am to have made such improvements, however, I still have to manage my lifestyle very carefully in the hope my blips never become major relapses. Jo x
    • Posted

Thanks so much for sharing this. I love it when I hear recovery stories; it gives me hope. razz

• Posted

Oh yes, o n e  m o r e  t r y.  When I woke today, I decided today was the last day I was going to eat and drink, I was ready to go, I had zero hope.  I skipped my tea and breakfast, and went right to the computer. Then I read about this D ribos. It gave me a smiggin hope. 

• Posted

I dream of being able to use muscles again without fire running through them! GAWD I hope it works!  
    • Posted

I have felt this way too and contemplated every option to release myself from this horrible illness but I have a son and he needed me, no matter how broken I was. Try to find a focus that gets you through - my desire to be a normal mum again made me keep fighting. Good luck x
    • Posted

How does L-Carnitine help you? What does it do?
    • Posted

L-carnitine and CoQ10 enable your mitochondria to collect raw material, convert it to energy and share it with their host cells. I darn't post the site link in case it's moderated.

I've read that it's best to take both.

• Posted

Thank you for that, I didn't know about L-Carnitine, I'll get some.

• Posted

My L-Carnitine is liquid, and the bottle says to take it half an hour before meals twice a day. I don't like that it's in vegetable glycerine because it's so sweet and it's got preservatives, so when I run out I'm going to get it in pure powdered nothing added form. I'll send the link for you to have a look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.