Daily headaches or migraines

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and discovered it trying to research why I'm having DAILY headaches and/or migraines. It started on November 1, 2018 with a severe migraine that had me in tears for about 5 days and since then I will either have a severe headache, a migraine or at the very least a dull throb. Time spans without any pain at all are very rare and don't last very long.

Notes:

*I turned 47 in October

*Advil/Alieve/Excedrin usually do not help at all

*RX of a Triptan for migraines did not help at all

*Acetaminophen + Codeine will take the edge off, but not completely (also, do not want to use too often due to all the news coverage of addiction issues)

*CT scan for tumor or brain bleeds came back normal

*Due to bloodwork results Dr prescribed a thyroid medication. Most recent bloodwork came back with normal thyroid results, am to continue the medication for the time being

My question is... if you have experienced headaches and migraines as a symptom of menopause, did you find a remedy to reduce or minimize this symptom?

I am so frustrated and am starting to feel like a shell of the person I was. I haven't been to pilates once since this started and have missed multiple of my daughter's orchestra and theater performances, missed book club and volunteer events. Also, I feel like my house is turning into an unorganized mess as I find just doing the bare minimum overwhelming and taxing.

Please help!

Lisa

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had this problem for 5 years since my hysterectomy. I have tried topman, duloxetine, pregabalin and recently gabapentin. All with horrific side effects and no joy.

I have cut out gluten, alcohol, dairy, caffeine. I take amatrtptilin at night which has reduced frequency and severity but I cannot get rid of them. I'm afraid until menopause is over I'm stuck with them. As soon as you feel it coming try vicks on your temples and lie in a dark room .

Good luck.

• Posted

HI Lisa

I feel like you are telling my story. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. My GP basically chalks it up to peri and that I should deal with the daily headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, insomnia etc... and the list goes on and on as we all know. I cant take it anymore going to seek out a new more understanding DR.

BEST OF LUCK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.