Daily pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with DD September 2017 through CT scan. My colonoscopy showed no signs of DD. I have never taken antibiotics and do not suffer with constipation or diarrhoea. However I do have a continuous and constant low grade pain which goes across my abdomen with backache and this causes me much distress as I do not know what to do about it. I have seen 2 private consultants who told me to eat what I want and take buscopan which was an expensive unhelpful diagnosis. Having recently got over health anxiety I fear this is going to start it up again with the worry of daily pain as it is on my mind constantly. Reading the forum (albeit really helpful) scares me as people talk of symptoms worsening rather than improving and of surgery. I am at my wit's end with the daily pain and cannot seem to find any help with this from the professionals. I watch my diet take probiotics, aloe Vera Juice etc. Not sure if I've ever had a flare up. Can anyone offer advice on the way forward or is this what I have to now live with? I feel quite alone with this and quite helpless.I will appreciate any advice as do not want to be negative in my life and become a moaner and do realise there are people much worse off.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

My heart goes out to you, I'm suffering severe lower back pain and legs and on and off burning low Abdominal pain daily for six weeks, it's terrible, but at least you know its nothing sinister with you as you have it so long, I had mri if lumbar last Monday, awaiting results, was told 3years ago I have diverticulitis, hope you get answers soon and feel better

• Posted

Thank you Kate. Yes I do know it is nothing sinister as apart from the constant low level pain I do not have any other symptoms but it is so annoying not to be able to do something about it. I hope your pain subsides and when you get your results they can do something to help you.

• Posted

I am in same way, lower left back pain , down buttocks and leg, burning sensation in lower stomach with sharp pain at times on left side. Had diarrhea for 13 days and now just mushy soft stools. I to developed chronic anxiety and panic attacks through all this, lost 34 lbs and was afraid to eat . I have been diagnosed with DD and abscess in Feb. and In April was doing so good, just Diverticulosis keep food journal started eating good and now all this comes up,  my labs are normal no sign of infection, my cat scan was normal no signs of flare up. Endoscopy normal, so now just waiting on stool labs checking for SUDD, IBS, Candida. And waiting on colonoscopy. So confused and worried 😟 

• Posted

Hi vickie

When is your colonoscopy due, I'm here today with very painful legs and extreme fatigue, I'm so depressed wondering if I have so awful thing going on

• Posted

I got a new GI Dr cuz mine was clueless I have my consultation with him in 2 weeks to go over last Cat Scan, all labs, stool tests , and symptoms. Then sure he will set me up for colonoscopy. So just playing waiting game. In pain but at least diarrhea has stopped. I am going gluten free, and on Low FODMAT diet, kefir , GSE, and Aloe Vera Juice for now , I also insisted my DR set me up to do a food intolerance alergy test. I’m at a lost so kinda advocating for my self off what I have learned on this site. I go to my Wellness and yoga, and stay on top of my mindfulness and breathing, walk a lot and pray to my higher power. Have you seen a Dr? Have tests done, Cat Scan, blood work, or just the MRI ? Well I pray you feel better soon and maybe it’s  just pinched nerve . I hate the feeling of not knowing, and just laying around with heating pad or ice. But try not to get stuck in your head over worrying ok. 
  • Posted

What is your diet like? Staples in your diet? What supplements are you taking? Exercise frequency? This would be helpul to know. Im one who believes in the food diet as medicine concept, but its not for everyone..If you truly want to get to the bottom of this though and maybe see change, it may take some out of box measure..
    • Posted

I try eat a high fibre diet. The supplements I take are acidophilus 20 billion, pure aloe Vera Juice and a probiotic drink. Not a great one for exercise but I do walk every day. What out of the box measures do you suggest? Willing to have a go at anything if it helps.

• Posted

My out of box suggestion is that you make a plan for couple weeks to stop gluten, yeast, dairy, sugar and nightshades. Stop your supplements to. Journal your conclusions during this time. So write down what you eat, and eliminate anything in that list. Then start adding stuff in..Eat small meals, lots of fluids, keep up the daily walking. I actually think brisk walking is the best and then some very light stretching and muscle toning, nothing strenuous..You may want to start this off with a 2 day fast of clear healthy liquids. Also make bone broth one of your daily items, one mug a day. I know maybe this sounds drastic, but you would be suprised the food groups that can effect this disease. By eliminating all the potential triggers for a short time, then slowly adding them back in - you may find what the trigger is. Now you may so this is to hard..Then possibly I would get a surgery consult to see if they will remove the spot that is most diseased..I am actually doing this because my intesting is way to far gone and has been for years. If only I had figured out my triggers earlier and saved it..You also may say, I can't eat like that..too restrictive, how will I get my nutrients?? You would be just fine, there are so many many foods left that provide lots of nutirents for those couple weeks to see if you feel better..If you need suggestions, just let me know. This is only a suggestion though, there are lots of options. I also kind of wonder if you should go back to the Dr...

• Posted

Can you pls give me ideas on foods , I’m just off liquid diet and on soft till all tests come back. I do potatoes, yams, cream of wheat , pancakes, white toast, carrots, spinach, chicken, salmon , avocado,  Aloe Vera Juice, and fruits smoothies. So boring. Can you also let me know about what supplements or teas, colllagen, probiotics are best at this time. Thank you
    • Posted

Sound advice Jenny. I suspect you are not in the UK. I do not think I am anywhere near the stage for surgery as I have never taken antibiotics for this or had a flare up. I think my GP said I had IBS as well which contributes to the condition. With both consultants telling me to eat what I want I have to admit I have not been over vigilant with my diet. I did see a dietician who knew very little about DD and was of no help whatsoever. I think my anxiety plays a great part in my pain.
    • Posted

Forgot to mention how hard it is to tell what food triggers I have, because the tummy and back discomfort and irregular bowels . Even after doing just fluids, plus I can not do dairy or eggs. Ugh so frustrating. Just desperate for help and ideas. 

Thank you 🙏 

• Posted

Soft low residue is tough, very limiting..Do you like scrambled eggs? Also yogurt, jello,pudding, canned fruits...I was also straining chix or noodle soups, either can or box versions and then placing saltines in them..They are at least tastier than plain broth. Also I love ice pops..they make sugar free too..Also thin slices chicken breast on a soft roll like some others suggested would be good..I have been putting a dolop of plain yogurt on my yams and drizzling with grade A maple syrup..that is very yummy. I do gatorade and ginger ale on clear and soft diets, even though I avoid sugar when not flaring, but on those limited diets this stuff wont bother you, its a slight treat and helps with hydration and calories. I also love flavored herbal teas ..fav orage spice. I also use danactive drinks and activa..Any of the veggies you can tolerate also maybe try putting in a soup..either pureed or with chicken broth, add meat, etc..and dip soft bread or slatines so they are soft..Boiled carrots with butter and browj sugar mashed also very tasty..hope that helps! This is more a dafe food diet for flares..The other diet I mention above is more for those who are eating normally and trying to identify triggers..

• Posted

Thank you for food advice. My Dr is putting me on Candida diet for now till stool results come back. I just had another trip to ER on Friday and blood tests and Cat Scan was normal, no sign of flare up. Or Infection, so confusing. I see new GI Dr this week to schedule colonoscopy. I see dietitian today to go over diet. I just did 2days liquid again . Scared to switch to diff diet, but will try. So sick of being 🤒 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.