Daily pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with DD September 2017 through CT scan. My colonoscopy showed no signs of DD. I have never taken antibiotics and do not suffer with constipation or diarrhoea. However I do have a continuous and constant low grade pain which goes across my abdomen with backache and this causes me much distress as I do not know what to do about it. I have seen 2 private consultants who told me to eat what I want and take buscopan which was an expensive unhelpful diagnosis. Having recently got over health anxiety I fear this is going to start it up again with the worry of daily pain as it is on my mind constantly. Reading the forum (albeit really helpful) scares me as people talk of symptoms worsening rather than improving and of surgery. I am at my wit's end with the daily pain and cannot seem to find any help with this from the professionals. I watch my diet take probiotics, aloe Vera Juice etc. Not sure if I've ever had a flare up. Can anyone offer advice on the way forward or is this what I have to now live with? I feel quite alone with this and quite helpless.I will appreciate any advice as do not want to be negative in my life and become a moaner and do realise there are people much worse off.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also just started having the lower stomach burning sensation and lower left back pain that radiates down buttocks, along with diarrhea. I developed chronic anxiety and panic attacks due to this disease, Was diagnosed in Feb , lost 34lbs, Dr was clueless on advice. And my GI Dr said just start eating healthy and he did not say I needed colonoscopy,  I now have new GI Dr. I meet with him in 2 weeks. You need to have your stool tested for SUDD, Candida of gut, and IBS. Have a fresh new Cat Scan with the dye, The brain and gut play together in a horrible way, My flare up symptoms started May 28, so started on the liquid diet and now on the soft diet, till my tests all come back. So I keep a good food journal and eat 4x a day, drink a lot of water and teas, probiotics and bone beef broth with collagen, I also do the Aloe Vera Juice and smoothies. I know it’s hard to not worry or get anxiety, this DD is awful and scary, but Just need to stay positive, listen to your body and get the right medical advice. I right down my symptoms and tell my Dr what tests I need done. Be the voice cuz it’s your body, right. Hope this was a little helpful. Meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, stay grounded. Prayers to you🌸

• Posted

Make sure you don’t have a blockage, get new cat scan with dye. 
    • Posted

Thank you Vickie. I know I don't have a blockage as the pain would be more severe. I have not lost any weight or have any constipation or diarrhoea. As I said apart from the low level pain I am fine. I therefore assume that it is food related. My GP is reluctant to send me for any tests as she knows my anxiety will get worse having them. I am seeing her next week so will discuss my concerns.

• Posted

Forgot to ask , are you on meds for anxiety or depression. I found a lot of those meds can mess up tummy and make things worse. They tried me on all diff kinds and I had bad side effects, I am now just on Xanax and weaning off. I know everyone body is diff. But just thought I’d ask. 
    • Posted

No I am not on any medication whatsoever. I occasionally take a couple of paracetamol.
    • Posted

I’ve had a flare up over the weekend that fit every symptom of Diverticulitis. When the pain got so bad I went to the ER. There did CAT scan and blood work. Both came out negative. Was given Tramadol for pain and sent home. The ER Dr called me Monday and told me to see my  Gastro Dr. since I was still in pain. I did that yesterday. Are you all sitting down?! He told me diverticulosis is what I have. I told him I didn’t think diverticulosis caused pain. The ER Dr said it would not. He assured me it would and was capable of causing much pain. He put me on Bentyl which is an anti-spasmstic. 2 three or four times a day. Well as of yet they fail to work. The pain is very bad. Comes and goes. 

I recall I had this before. I thought it was diverticulitis and so did the Dr. I was put in the hospital and given morphine. It cleared up with time. Now back in the same situation. I think a lot of mine is stress. I lost my house in Hurricane Harvey last August. I am having it rebuilt. I also lost my husband recently. So glad to find this site. At least we know we are not alone in this. Prayfully we will all find the answer to our problems. God bless!

• Posted

Hi patricia

Sorry you had such a rough time, where did you have the bad pain and for how long, Im just finding it to believe it can last as long as six weeks which mine has, I'm exhausted from it

• Posted

Oh I am So sorry to hear of all your losses, prayers sweet lady. Yes with me I developed anxiety and panic attacks due to this condition, I’ve been dealing cince Feb, very hard road for me with this disease and when you have an ER that’s clueless and Drs that don’t understand makes it even harder, so thankful for this site and knowing I’m not alone or going crazy, and even with everyone having diff symptoms and effects, there’s lots of good information. Best wishes and prayers for speedy recovery. 
  • Posted

Thank you Vicki   Im new to this and I don't see your name at the top so hope you see it...Yes it is very hard being sick so much..I am a little better today I think ..I pooped all day yesterday..Im sorry about your panic attacks..Thats got to be awful..Have you tried Yoga.?.I use to do it a lot but just can't seem to get back to it since my precious Husband passed away.Im pretty sure what I have is IBS...Ive had it before many times and it is hard to tell it from diverticulitis..Im trying to eat soft foods until I feel better..Dont let the ole devil get you down..You do sound like you have a pretty positive attitude...which is hard when one is sick most of the time..I have another big problem..I have Multiple Myleoma....bone marrow cancer...I have been in remission for about 5 years . I get blood work done every three months to see if Im still in remission...I truly get very nervous when that time comes along..I just pray about it and give it to God...I pray you get better soon...as I hope we all find some kind of answer..God bless.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.