Daily Spotting on Peri Menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’m getting myself into a right anxious state. I’ve always been anxious anyway.

I’ve had a few consultations with my GP and it’s likely that a Gynaecologist will perform a biopsy at some stage to find the cause of the bleeding.

I am spotting daily on peri

menopause.  I’m 57 and just starting peri I think.  Prior to 6 months ago I had regular periods.

I’ve researched this and know that a general anaesthetic is the right way for me to go.  I know you are not always offered one but I’ll pay if I have to.

Has anybody had this?  How was it and how did you feel when you come round?  I’ve never been to hospital before and feel very scared.  More so I’m scared what they could find.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I’m 49 and believe I’m just entering  peri.  A few months ago I had spotting for two consecutive months, it  always started when I was ovulation and lasted until my period started.

Then Nothing happened for two months... abd everything was ‘normal’ Then this then month I’ve had spotting for 4 days ( I did actually think it was my period) then my period started normally today... it’s such a rollercoaster!

In the midst of all this I’ve had a US, a transvaginal scan , bloods taken and a Pap test, which are all clear... 

I also take citalopram for anxiety, but like you this spotting sends be in to total melt down, my doctor is great and is sending me to a gyno and has even offered me another scan to ‘ease my mind’... I think I will go, I constantly require reassurance that I’m not dying...😢

My doctor tells me it’s all related to the hormones, but I just can’t ever quite accept it!

Let us know how you go. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.