Dark yellow urine during a fibro/costo flare

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all, I had six lovely weeks over the holidays with only normal aches and pains of being 66. Last Tues started feeling bad and went to worse with what I wd assume is a costo/fibro flare. Starting to feel a bit better this morn. My question, I have what seems to me to be large amounts of urine quite a few times a day. No pain (so far) or urgency or incontinence. BUT- the dark yellow almost amber shade!! I drink a lot of water and haven't taken any different meds or eaten anything that would cause it. I googled fibro/urine and it seems to be a possible symptom of this lovely condition!! Anyone else experience this??

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Pammie28299,

I understand exactly where your coming from I drink loads when I'm at work and when I use the toilet at the end of my shift I've also noticed it to be rather dark. What your saying actually makes a lot of sense.

• Posted

Hi Pamie28299

I too get this dark urine quite often and I drink plenty too and also have Fibromyalgia! Glad to hear it's not just me!

I do have frequency which was disturbing my sleep but with Amitriptyline it seems to be easing thank goodness.

Hope you are well?

Catherine

• Posted

Well, i am actually terrified at the moment! Not only is my urine still dark but i have had several bowel movements today that were the dreaded "clay color". this has never happened to me in 66 years. i have had bouts of ibs all my life and I had a regular colored movement this morning.I am scared half to death, wondering who will take care of my cat when I die of liver cancer!I'm glad this forum is here. thank you all for being here.

• Posted

Any chance you started taking vitamin B, that would turn your urine dark yellow.

• Posted

Hi Pamie28299,

I think the best thing to do is ring your G.P for some advice or book a face to face for reassurance? If you can collect a stool sample to take with you if a face to face that would be useful for the G.P plus if he thinks it should be sent off it delays time??

Good luck and hopefully It's nothing sinister. Try to keep calm.

Thinking of you let me know how you got on?

Catherine 34515

• Posted

Thank you. I have made an appt. for Wednesday. Any other time it would take a month to get in, but he has nearly the whole day free. I'm not in pain and am doing my normal housework, etc., between bouts of handwringing. don't appear to be jaundiced either, I think I'm pale with fear!

• Posted

Hi Pamie28299,

So glad you've managed to get an appointment for Wednesday. Have you got a sterile pot to put a stool sample in???

Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Best wishes Catherine

• Posted

The clinic want to  use their own if they decide they need one. and, of course, i haven't gone since early afternoon today! thank you, again.

• Posted

Dear pamie28299.

That's ok then. I would've the Dr would be interested in the colour if it clay coloured but I'm sure if the Dr feels he needs one that will be organised. Chin up and try not to worry. I know it's difficult when you're feeling unwell anyway.

Thoughts are with you for tomorrow

Catherine 34515

• Posted

Thank you so much! I am driving my family and friends bonkers! I haven't needed to go since yesterday. Urine seems to be returning to normal color, but still a few bubbles and a bit of oil. TMI.cheesygrin, I know! I worked at an elementary school for years and retired from there 4 years ago. My mornings were spent in the preschool unit,  so seems we were always analyzing the color of some child's urine, or poop or mucus or vomit!!! so I have grown calloused to the niceties!

• Posted

Hi pamie28299

Just wondering how you got on at Dr's today??

Hope you're ok??

Catherine34515 😊

• Posted

Thank you Catherine! By this morning all my inner workings seemed back to normal, thank goodness! The doctor listened to what happened and sees no cause for concern at this time,since things seem to have resolved for now. when I had blood workup in september everything was good. He said he believes it was a fluke and that weird things happen sometimes. since I had no pain, no jaundice or fever, he said he hated to jump into a battery of tests. Said since it is documented now, to call if it happened again and we would look further. It was quite a relief! Again, many thanks
  • Posted

Dear pamie,

I am relieved to hear your appointment went well,your Dr listened and reassured you.

Have a great day and now at least you can relax.😊

Take care

Catherine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.