Darren

Posted , 11 users are following.

I’m 52 , and was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis 2 years ago . At that time AB’s sorted it out after 8 week course . 

It’s now come back and AB’s have not helped  and my Uro says I need bladder neck surgery. Has anyone had this ? And how does a “ dry” orgasm affect your sex life ?

Many thanks 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Darren,

This is an old post of mine but I hope it might contain some information of use to you:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/bladder-neck-incision-and-prostatitis-610875

Since my BNI op last September, I'm now free of prostatitis pain and urinary frequency issue has been resolved! It did take 2-3 months for things to settle down, as my uro advised me it would! Regarding retrograde ejaculation, I think this only happens in a minority of cases (it didn't happen to me) but they have to tell you it could happen - because it could! Good luck mate - it's a tough decision but I went for it as my bladder was thickening and I believe it can cause more problems (kidneys etc) it it's not dealt with. 

• Posted

A good result for you that might encourage others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.