Date through for hip op!

Posted , 14 users are following.

So I’ve been following this discussion board for a while and whilst there are more negative then positive comments, I am scared!

I will be 47yrs soon and have two children under the age of ten. The osteoporosis was diagnosed two

Years ago and has worsened through X-rays.  I lived in pain for and no sleep for a few years and then one day I just couldn’t walk down the stairs (many other incidents also) and that was my turning point, strong medication  and a date given for operation. I do Pilates twice a week whichreally strengthens the muscles what concerns me is my weight I gained 1.5 stone due to hospital physios telling me to stop exercising until they had strengthened the muscles and here lies the vicious circle the more you exercise the more you pay for it. I just hope the operation and recovery time is favourable for myself and my suffering family. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too was very afraid with the first and a little afraid with the second. They say is natural with the second. My first waz just scared but let me tell you. I am so very, very, very happy to have had these hips done. I am just close to 3 weeks this Friday for my right hip to be replaced. I am a 62 year old African American female with much energy. I have been unable to walk without assistance ( walker or cane), no sleep, no life outside of my home. The pain made me feel very incompetent to the point I did not want to move once I got in my recliner. Now that pain is GONE and my surgical pain is not that bad. I hear my surgical doctor gave me an extension on my right leg because of a slight leg length from left leg. I will find out more about that when I go to him. I had to wear insoles in my shoes after my left hip surgery but now once every thing settles down it should be ok. I am praying for you and you will not regret having the surgery I was only in the hospital for 24 hours went home both times next day.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying and I’m happy your pain free. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.