Daughter of 13 suffers severe anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi my daughter has suffered anxiety for 15 months basically house bound, not attending school,,no social contact apart from myself grandparents,,seen a physcologist 3 times missed 2 appointments, headaches sickness dizziness every day,,I have tried every approach she is now getting very distressed saying she does not want too feel like this anymore,, any advice please

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You know what i was thinking. Maybe you and your daughter can do beginners yoga or something together in the house. It can help both of you. And bonding. Can even include the 8 year old. Everyone gets to stretch and learn to breathe. I dont know. Just a thought for you. 
    • Posted

Hi,,that had crossed my mind tbh will maybe look into it,,I can't believe all the great advice I have been given why I never thought of these forums,,she has actually had quite a good day and she does talk to me I think the social isolation is difficult for me ,,absolutely no friends at all,,wish there was some kind of service I do believe she will get there but losing the last 15 months has been difficult,,again thanks so much

• Posted

Hi sorry my comment previous was not made clear at all regarding cbt and my daughter I pad being taken from her,,,,think the post has been deleted ,,,,I never made myself clear I apologise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.