Daughters Op.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello my DD is having her Laporoscopy (spelling) tomorrow 15.07.14 and she came on with her periodconfused on Sunday morning,  will this be a problem  i have googled it and hve seen that it is ok,  cant afford to have a cancellation cos of the thing that is makeing her bad all the time.  she has been so poorly with this disease. ansers please.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi they will still do the surgery! Just make sure to inform the doctors before hand! Good luck!! It will be worth it When the surgery is done! 
    • Posted

Great i will tell her she was so worried that they might turn her away.  i have read so much of after the op is it all bad and what can she expect.?
    • Posted

No it's not that bad. She will be sore and a lil bloated but after a few days she will be ok. The only thing I still get is lil twinges of where the tissue was that they lazered off because it will leave some scaring.
    • Posted

Hello have been home all but  an hour,  she went down at 10.30 and back upstairs by 12 she is in a lott of pain in the shoulders but hat is ok as we know why.  He said she had a lot of Ednio and he got rid of it all and she will be fine.  he did 3 incisions too.  she had glue on the would as oppsed to stitiches.  she has been signed off week for 2 weeks so hompe her boss is understanding enough.
    • Posted

The pain in the shoulders could be trapped wind because they have to inflate tummy with air to make the surgery easier to see inside anything peppermint tea is great! Glad all went well hopefully she feels a difference! 
    • Posted

yes that is what the anethetist said. she is very sleepy.

one of her freinds now is saying that tampons make it worse and she should nto use them the surgeon said nothing of this wne she was then is this true or not.

• Posted

She will be tired for a few days. Yes maybe it's best she doesn't use them! I've heard of them not bein good after surgery.
    • Posted

are you a medical person or just very experienced it is nice to get someone on here who knows what they are talking about.
    • Posted

I'm not a medical person but I have endo and have went through the surgery and attend the consultant on a regular basis I ask lots of questions because if u don't they won't tell.
    • Posted

Well that is good then at least what you are sayingis correct.  there is a website called the mayo clinic I have tried to put the link on here but it is waiting to be moderted etc so not sure but you can go there yourself and check it out  this one below seems a likely cause and there are others on there too.

And it lists  its possible causes and the one at the top seems to fit the bill so to speak it is called Retrograde menstruation.- [This what it says}  This is the most likely explanation for endometriosis. In retrograde menstruation, menstrual blood containing endometrial cells flows back through the fallopian tubes and into the pelvic cavity instead of out of the body. These displaced endometrial cells stick to the pelvic walls and surfaces of pelvic organs, where they grow and continue to thicken and bleed over the course of each menstrual cycle.

I come on here for tips for my daughter hse is only 20 so she does not feel like coming on here to ask questions.  If this helps others then it is good.

• Posted

Just make sure she isn't to shy to ask questions because it's normal for docs to treat women with this everyday so they might feel you know a lot already! Also it can effect u having children depending on how many laps you get done so that's a big one to consider! I only found out I had it at 26 and now they're saying I have to consider children because some women leave it to late and they can't have kids! 
    • Posted

Dont think that came into conversation but probably did.

Just for info my neice has had two Laps has cysts on her oveaires and is now expecting she is 15 weeks. so it is possible.

why would it effect your chances of gettinf pregnant.

• Posted

That's good to hear cause I do worry myself sometimes. It's about the amount of laps u get done that the scarring can effect it.
    • Posted

I think if you can have faith and not worry about it anything is possible.  I have read so much about this of not being able to get pregnant and if you want a child to try of rone straightway after having a lap but in my daughters case this is not possiblle she is almost engaged and for her to be worrying abiyut that now would be horrible for her,.  My daughter woul dbe devastated and as she is a worrier already for her to worry about that seems mean.  It might not be down to the fact that you or anyone have had lots of laps tht has prevented them from getting pregnant, other things can cause this as we well know, stress health etc.  be rest assured i have another freind who had a lap and bad endo and she went on to have two very healthy children.  i think we worry to much about what we read and take it to heart and beleive it all,  until you have tests ast to why we arent getting pregnant no one will know.  Just pray and have faith that one day you will become a mum and if not then we cant blame it on endo till we know the facts, seeing they dont know what causes it they cant really know if that is why some dont get pregnant.  for us to have a period we are releasing an egg so.  HTH's
  • Posted

Hello p123cb,

I think I had just finished my period when doc, did my Lap, nothing got said, I think that should be alright, to make sure call her Doc's office.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.