Day 1 anterior and posterior repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello.

Posting from my hosp bed. 1am cant sleep too uncomfortable. I wish I'd found this forum sooner. Im day 1 from ant and post vaginal repair. Im 29, 2 kids. I am in quite a bit of pain especially rectally. Im not sure if this is just to be expected or if i should be asking for more pain relief. Surprisingly walking around is less uncomfortable than laying in bed on my side. They say its the pack making me feel so bad. Anyway thank you for reading. Im sure ill post many more times. You ladies seem very helpful.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, once the pack and catheter is out you will feel so much better.I hated the catheter, it really was uncomfortable.

Where are you from,you say its 1 am?xx

• Posted

Hello, im in Australia. I cant wait for the nurse to remove the catheter soon. The pack apparently disintergrates over the next few days....
    • Posted

Oh I'd love to visit Australia. I love your accent.when I lived in Canada they thought we were Ozzie's because we are welsh!! That's a first lol.xx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I found the pack really painful. If you are in pain do ask for more painkillers. The nurses can't help control your pain if they do not know you are suffering! You will feel much better once it is out. 

Take it easy and rest both now and once you are home.

Take care

Claire

• Posted

I think the pack is exactly my problem. The pressure down below is horrible. I have since asked for more pain killers more regularly. They work well for about 2 hrs then i start to feel uncomfortable then within half hr im not able to tolerate it anymore so ive been alternating tramadol & oxycodone & panadol
    • Posted

I was exactly the same, I had liquid morphine, tramadol and IV paracetamol. Bizarrely the only thing that touched it was the paracetamol for 2 hours at a time until an angel nurse gave me diclofenac (not sure on spelling). Worked like a dream and got me some sleep. That nurse was amazing!
  • Posted

If you're in pain sarah of course you must as for some more pain relief. Pain hinders recovery so don't be a martyr xx
    • Posted

You are right. I have been trying to stretch myself between tablets but i cant seem to last more than 2.5 hrs till the uncomfortableness turns to proper intolerable pain. I know its stupid but being a nurse myself i hate bothering them. Heatpacks have seemed to help somewhat too.
  • Posted

I found the pack really uncomfortable hunni but once its removed it will ease the pain a bit. Just remember to rest. I know how you feel I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old so it's not easy but there being really kind to mommy so far but I think there getting a bit fed up now as it's been 2 weeks. You've just got to remember to rest. It's really hard but you need to rest to recover. Big hugs.xxx
    • Posted

Im pretty sure it is the pack adding to the discomfort. I have been told it does not get removed instead it disintergrates slowly over the next few days?? Catheter coming out this morning so hopefully that helps. Having little ones is going to make it more tricky i know. I feel bad for them. Mine are 4 yrs & the baby only 6 months.
    • Posted

It's probably different where you are then cause my pack was removed the nxt day cause it was to much pressure and was really painfull, I was on paracetamol, ibrouphophen and diamorphine cause I'm allergic to codine. Once the pack was removed the pain was better to manage. I hope they sort you out soon hunni. And I'm sure your babies will be fine you've got to just think about your recovery now send take easy. Big hugs you will get through this.xxx
  • Posted

Dear Sarah you sound like you're having a lot of pain, I'm very sorry for you, as the girls said don't be shy to ask for more pain killers. If you feel worse, just write in the forum. It is being very helpful for me as for the other ladies, you feel that you're not suffering alone. Take care honey, keep us informed 😘

• Posted

Oh Sarah , you poor love you're so young to have had this op X it may be different in Australia but here in the uk the pack is removed the following morning and the pressure is immediately relieved . It's the stitches that dissolve. I hope that they have or are going to remove it as you will feel so much better. Lots of rest and help with your little ones X wishing you well lovely 🌹💞🌹
  • Posted

How are you doing now Sarah? Hoping you asked for some more pain relief and managed to get some rest!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.