Day 1 anterior and posterior repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello.

Posting from my hosp bed. 1am cant sleep too uncomfortable. I wish I'd found this forum sooner. Im day 1 from ant and post vaginal repair. Im 29, 2 kids. I am in quite a bit of pain especially rectally. Im not sure if this is just to be expected or if i should be asking for more pain relief. Surprisingly walking around is less uncomfortable than laying in bed on my side. They say its the pack making me feel so bad. Anyway thank you for reading. Im sure ill post many more times. You ladies seem very helpful.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you can get settled in less pain soon. I had my packing and catheter removed next morning. And I'm in New Zealand. Can't imagine the amount of packing they use "dissolving"!! I think you might be confused over the fact stitches dissolve. Surely there is nothing that biodegradable in that short time that they could fill a vag with! The stitches take a long time to dissolve, as in 2 - 6 wks, leaning more frequently away from 2wks, & sometimes longer. Regular pain relief is the key. It works better at preventing the pain rather than trying to resolve it. Especially diclofenac.
    • Posted

There are a lot of restrictions now in the UK regarding the prescribing of Diclofenac so it is not widely prescribed here now. 
    • Posted

If I can't pronounce it I don't take it hahaha.paracetamol is the most I can take.

I'd be off my head lol.xx

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies ladies. Its day 2 now and although still quite sore no where near when i originally posted. It was agony. I have started having diclofenac (voltaren) regularly plus endone & paracetamol.

No its definitely a dissolvable packing. Its called spongefoam or something like that. He said it would either fall out over the next couple of days or dissolve within a week?

Im worried about having a bowel motion. Will it hurt?

• Posted

The first time I went to the toilet afterwards was traumatising for me but I was really bunged up I went on day 4, but took laxatives which helped a little so if your worried ask for some laxatives and eat plenty of fruit and veg.xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.