Day 10 increased anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

on the 1st day i felt almost a euphoric feeling, then for the following week i experienced some mild side effects like teeth grinding, increased energy and sleep disturbance. These were all pretty manageable, but then on day 10 and 11 I've been really anxious with some palpitations and insomnia.

I thought the side effects were supposed to get better not worse, has anyone else had a similar experience?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi sean, yes it feels almost like mdma at times. i still feel it in waves occassionally but now at week 12 it is weaning a good bit. it used to effect my sleep but that stopped. another piece of advice. if you are not as excited as you normally are with the mrs. this gets better too. just have to work twice as hard for the finally but good once.you get your head around it. im all out of routine this last 2 weeks and eating loads of crap. looking forward to normality. good luck

• Posted

hey ricky, thanks for the reply.

yea it sucks going through the side effects and not knowing if it's even going to work.

How long did the sleep issues last for you?

• Posted

dont worry sometimes it gets worse before it gets better just give it time you got this

• Posted

thanks nicole, reading about people's positive experiences once the drug takes effect is why i'm going to stick it out. Hopefully i'll be like them

• Posted

HI

i'm on FLUOXETINE 6 weeks, 41 days (20-40-60-40mg currently)My hands and bofy are still shaking. I take Remeron 15mg for sleep (insomnia). Nightmares....etc.

Of course....no relief from severe depression yet.

NURSE told me to be patient till my head will adjust to it..... it's a hard journey.

• Posted

you might need to try another medication if you're still that bad after 6 weeks. I'd give it at least another couple weeks tho since you already came this far

• Posted

Just from personal experience, flux a teen is not a drug everyone can tolerate. I thought I had “thick skin quote and could not handle it. It worked great for quite some time then all of a sudden my mood was like a yo-yo going up and down nonstop. The original medicine I started on was the Lexapro, I had little to no side effects and it worked well, why I changed was beyond me. I am now back on 10 mg of Lexapro once daily and that seems to do the track. I loved the way just from personal experience, flux a teen is not a drug everyone can tolerate. I thought I had “thick skin “and could not handle it. It worked great for quite some time then all of a sudden my mood was like a yo-yo going up and down nonstop. The original medicine I started on was Lexapro, I had little to no side effects and it worked well, why I changed it was beyond me. I am now back on 10 mg of Lexapro once daily and that seems to do the track. I loved the way fluoxetine made me feel as it was more mood elevating and gave me more energy and stamina however, in respect to depression, I feel it made my mood worse and made me very pessimistic and down. I have tried other meds before and always reverted back to Lexapro for the fact that it does what it is supposed to with the least amount of side effects. However I do not have severe depression Or severe anxiety. I actually take it for Gastro intestinal problems and it adversely also helps with stabilizing my mood and overall well-being.

• Posted

Hi

I was on Lexapro for a long time. Since I started depressing, I tried it again. But it raised my blood pressure so badly. I gave up. Does it work fir gastrointestinal problem?

• Posted

10-11 day's is still very early. A lot of the side effects don't really hit until around week 3. Side effects usually start to lessen in week 4-6. I'm on week 3 of a restart and dealing with sleep issues right now. I find 5mg of Melatonin do help. If i wake up, I can fall back asleep. I'm just waiting for side effects to go away and sleep to "normalize", but that may be a few weeks away yet.....

• Posted

damn, that's a long time. I hope it's worth it lol

• Posted

Well, if things go as they did the first time I was on this, have no fear...It's defiantly worth it.....once you come out on the other side...LoL

• Posted

The most unfortunate (and frustrating thing) about this process is that the results are not immediate. Both the positive and negative effects of the medication takes days and even weeks to surface- very very frustrating!!!!!! and unpleasant!

• Posted

It's a rollercoaster that's for sure. Last 3 days i've been pretty anxious but it seems to come and go randomly, like last night i slept fine for the first time in about a week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.