Day 10 increased anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

on the 1st day i felt almost a euphoric feeling, then for the following week i experienced some mild side effects like teeth grinding, increased energy and sleep disturbance. These were all pretty manageable, but then on day 10 and 11 I've been really anxious with some palpitations and insomnia.

I thought the side effects were supposed to get better not worse, has anyone else had a similar experience?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had this problem. It worked great for some time and then all of a sudden i had adverse effects. I tried a bunch of meds, Lexapro worked the best.

• Posted

HI

2 weeks on Fluoxetine is very early...I understand you only have side effects. I was like you. Less but still are..... 42 days later.

But changing med means you have to restart.

I failed 3 meds before Fluoxetine...trial and error...so overwhelmed and frustrated.

I have severe depression.

Hope it'll work for you .

• Posted

Just to piggyback on this, I too had a similar experience. it is trial and error- its unfortunate but it is what it is. Fluxotine was greT for me at first, made me upbeat motivated, etc. but after a few days depression worsened. Lexapro seems to be the only med that has truly worked for me with mimimal side effects. unfortunately low libido is the main aide effect but it is what it is.

• Posted

HI

Are you on Lexapro now?

I've been on Lexapro for many years before tapering it off 5 years ago. This time, I tried to go back to Lexapro..... but.....not only it didn't work but it also raised my blood pressure badly.I didn't get it why???

• Posted

Yes, I am currently on Lexapro and Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. I originally started taking 5 mg of the Lexapro and just a few days ago raised it to 10. I was originally put on it for Gastrointestinal issues, but it also has helped with mood stabilization, anxiety, and depression. I suffer from severe stomach issues. I have tried different antidepressant, but for some reason the Lexapro has always been the best fit. I am fortunate because I never really had any side effects from it other than a decrease libido.

I was given 5mg of Diazapm (Valium) for emergency panic attacks, perhaps something like that could help you adjust to your meds. I am not sure if you are taking any other medications just a thought if so, maybe that is what is causing the elevated blood pressure.

• Posted

HI

Thank you again.

I don't understand why Lexapro raised my BP this time since it was ok before. i have no chronic illness

How's Wellbutrin working? it's NDRiI. 300mg....long acting extended release one?So, you take Lexapro 10mg and Wellbutrin 300mg at a same time?

• Posted

By the way

i used to take Lorazepam ( Ativan) for anxiety. But it makes my dissociation worse. So, I take Hydroxyzine ( antihistamine) for anxiety. I have anxiety attacks but no full blown panic attack.

I feel less anxious lately.... maybe ? Prozac is working just a little bit.m

Hope your condition will improve.

• Posted

Ty, likewise. Lorazepam and Diazapem both work well for me. However Xannax lingers in my system and gives me a bit of a "hangover" per-say. I use these for IBD/IBD more so than for anxiety though. Its weird how different things have different effects on different people. Its such a game I swear. And to make things even more interesting hydrocodone and oxycodone does more for me in terms of anxiety reduction. I have so many unused scripts that were quite expensive, I wish there was a way to trade meds so people without insurance could get whst they needed and vice versa.

• Posted

HOPE your gastrointistinal discomfort will be better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.