day 13 fluoxetine

Posted , 16 users are following.

hi,

im now on day 13 of fluoxetine and was told by my gp that  would get worse before feeling better.

i have been feeling really rubbish, nausea, fatigue but am willing to stick it out to feel better.

had a review yesterday and gp said its too early yet.

i did feel a little better a couple of days ago and then today again i feel absolutely drained.

i have been really pushing myself to go out for a walk at least twice a day as i know its important to try and exercise when feeling depressed.

anyone can give me a time when you start to feel better? i am so sick of feeling depressed but trying hard to be patient.

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.just thought id update.

Went gp earlier and she has upped my dosage to 40mg so we shall see how that goes? 

• Posted

Hi all.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Just finish week 5 , the last week up to 40mgs.

Have to say my head feels a lot better as im now smiling and laughing again but my body is still soooo fatigued.

No motivation and no energy that im atarting to think the fatigue is to do with something else.

Anyone else still really fatigued? ? Xx

• Posted

Hey QSQS

It took me 3 months to get my mojo back now im up mornings make up on and ready to face the day! however a couple of months ago i used to lie in bed mornings dreading the fact i had to wash, dress straighten my hair ect so hang in there things will get better im now actually loving life again and have so much energy im enjoying my beautiful granddaughter .... i do still have the odd day where i feel a bit 'spacey' but on the whole im feeling like my old self again.

Good luck and keep in touch love sharon xxx

• Posted

Thanks sharon, 

Wot a journey this is. Longer than I remember from different antidepressants but im not changing as this one is not putting any weight on smile

Patience and more patience needed lol.xx

Ps I love the way you sound so greatsmile

• Posted

Thank you QSQS 

This depression took me by surprise to be honest love i was always the life and soul of the party never in a million years did i think i would ever need prozac but im so glad i plucked up the courage to talk to my Dr because they really have changed my life, i hated the fact i was crying every day and feeling so down but no matter what i did couldnt make myself feel any different, like you said its a long journey and by no means an easy one i too have had every side effect going!!!sad but thank god we can log on to this site and help each other! hope you get your motivation back and stop feeling so tired soon if you need to have a rant im here!! lollol good luck and keep in touch love sharon xxx

• Posted

Hi sharon.

Sorry I forgot to reply I must have got side tracked.

Thanks for your response. I too am normally such a positive person but I think having chronic pain was what set off my depression. 

I am constantly on pain relief while under investigation.

I am starting work again at reduced hours so we will see how that goes.

Still fatigued but head definitely in a better place.xx

• Posted

I am on day 13 and feeling really spacy today. Woke up anxious. All I want to do is sleep.

Have no get up and go.

• Posted

That’s where I am at now, did you persevere with fluoxetine VICKY?... I am spaced out, yawning a lot and down in the dumps too. I get assessed by my GP in a few days and more tablets prescribed. I can’t wait to get through this phase.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, this thread is quite old, so thought I would respond to you, it’s earky days for you yet, look for Katiecobbs she has a weath of experience and will advise you, try and look at the time of posts that way you will be able to get responses, good luck Hun...❤️
    • Posted

Hi Angie, I did see it was an old thread,  but wanted to comment anyway. Thanks for your advice regarding katiecobbs. I will search for her and maybe join some depression forums too.  
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on day 11 of increase,  shaky one day on & off, sweaty. & more anxiety than before the increase,  feel like I can't catch my breath,  wish I never increased the med, this is Awful! 

• Posted

Hi Dewey, sorry to hear you’re struggling with the dose increase, what have you increased from and how long before you increased?
    • Posted

Hi Debbie,  I was on 10 mg for over 19 yrs,  2 months ago I increased to 20, 
    • Posted

I I felt 75 percent better dr said he'd like to see me feel 100 percent better &  have been on 30 ,13 days, wish I never increased feel awful 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.