day 13 fluoxetine

Posted , 16 users are following.

hi,

im now on day 13 of fluoxetine and was told by my gp that  would get worse before feeling better.

i have been feeling really rubbish, nausea, fatigue but am willing to stick it out to feel better.

had a review yesterday and gp said its too early yet.

i did feel a little better a couple of days ago and then today again i feel absolutely drained.

i have been really pushing myself to go out for a walk at least twice a day as i know its important to try and exercise when feeling depressed.

anyone can give me a time when you start to feel better? i am so sick of feeling depressed but trying hard to be patient.

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello

I am on my 7th week of fluoxetine, and the first 2 weeks I noticed a huge spiral in my feelings. I felt so low and lost. Week 3 however, I felt like a new person and people began noticing. Now I'm on my 7th week, I have so many days where I'm feeling off again, but I've also stopped counselling due to college break, so that may be a contributing factor. Nevertheless the days where I'm fine I feel absolutely fantastic. Honestly those tablets are a start to a fantastic road ahead. They've done me the world of good, but just having my off days at present.

• Posted

Thanks demi. Its interesting to see how different people are recovering at different paces,  however im on day 17 and having bad day today. Can hardly do a thing..... keep saying to myself its still early.

Sally how you wemt back to work day 19 I dont know but well done.

• Posted

Bizarely enough I had a bad day on day 17 too. However after that I got better and better. Work helped me as I was distracted and school were very good and kept the supply teacher for the mon and Tues when I returned so that I could dip in and out and generally catch up. That week was hard and I wasn't fully myself and I was very tired by the end of it! Tomorrow is another day and I am sure you will have a better day! Take care and stay positive, you are nearly there xx
  • Posted

hi qsqs

i felt exactly the same and went through what you are going through now, all i can tell you is that when i went back to my GP he said it was very early days and that was after a month! im nearly four months in now and feeling more and more like my old self again so hanf in there it will get better. in the early days i had to drag myself out of bed dreading the fact i had to shower do my hair put my make up on etc it was awful now im up before the alarm raring to go to work!! good luck and keep in touch things will get better, sharonxx

• Posted

Hi sharon. I cant wait to get to where you are

You sound very happy smile

I will continue to be patient and do all the right things to help my recovery, thanks for your uplifting message. How long did u take off work?

• Posted

Hi qsqs

i was very lucky and didnt take any time off work my depression stemmed around my dear mum dying of a brain tumor at 59 and then 2 years ago i had a seixure while driving my car, crashed into a house! never had one before and thank god never had one since but i had convinced myself that it was the same tumor as my mum and got into a bad depression, i had every test, brain scans ect and they all came back clear they put it down to having a hot flush caused by the menopause! i am 49 and loving being a grandma to my first grandchild and at last things are loooking up you will get there love i promise! hang in there and please keep in touch good luck sharon xx

• Posted

Thankyou sharon. I too am 49 but no grandchildren yet although I dont want to rush my daughter im so looking forward to being a grandma smile

I actually am having a good day today,  I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel,  I had the energy to change my living room furniture around . I would never have been able to do this last week smile

• Posted

hello guys,

i had a couple of good days yesterday and the day before. yesterday i even managed to change all the furniture around in my living room and was thinking, wow this is good.

however today im exhausted and down again so would just like to ask is it a gradual road to recovery with steps back? im day 20. 

thanks

• Posted

It's hard sometimes - not every day is going to be 'terrific' because that's life. So don't be too hard on yourself. Even if you weren't depressed you are bound to have down days. Just keep as positive as you can. I find that I'm always thinking about 'how I feel' and when that happens I try to focus on something else. :0)
  • Posted

Hi qsqs 

yes im afraid you have good days and bad days love but eventually the good days will out weigh the bad hang in there it will get better even after 4 months i have the odd "spaced out" day ! keep in touch love sharon xx

• Posted

Thanks guys.

Its just that when I have the good days it makes me quite anxious when I go back to having bad days.

I know I need to be more patient im only 3 weeks. 

• Posted

hey dont worry thats what we are all here for, when i first started taking them i was on here every day!! because i was so up and down, one minute i thought i had turned a corner the next i was so spaced out it has really taken 4 months for me to feel like my old self again love if ever you need advice just shout this site has been a godsend for me love sharon xx
    • Posted

anytime love dont be afraid to message me if your feeling low xxx
    • Posted

Hi

I felt better during week 3 but still had many of the side effects. Week 4 was much better and this week I have started to feel totally myself again! It is exactly 5 days since I started mine smile I also used this site all the time when I was at my worst as it reassured me that I would feel better. I felt that I would never be normal again. Trust me you will get there and feel yourself again. Keep going and keep your chin up. I tried keeping myself busy and distracted as  otherwise I spent my time analysing and thinking about how I was feeling!!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.