Day 14 in 20mg of Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need some reassurance this morning, I am on day 14 of Citalopram and in comparison to 2 weeks ago I felt things were starting to improve slightly, I had quite a good day yesterday I was able to take my little baby out on my own and although I didn't feel

Amazing, being out on my own was a bonus, but last night I didn't sleep well at all and I feel very anxious this morning, I'm in floods of tears at the minute and my father is having to come up and help me this morning, I feel like I'm failing my children by feeling so awful. When I go to bed I normally get over the sleep ok but last night my minds was racing with awful thoughts and my dreams are disturbing at the minute, is this normal ?? Why did I feel so good yesterday and today I feel so crap

Please help xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Stop been so hard on yourself!! Take at lease 6 wks to feel any way normal on tablets. So allow your self to enjoy Gd days and the bad days get less.. I promise you it does get Easier.. and family are there to support you! So go and rest when u can and take stroll when u can. They're thousands of women out there today feeling like you. So your not alone!!! Sleep,eat,walk when u can. Best things you can do for YOU. Have been there myself so I know how u feeling! Xx

• Posted

Sparkly

Recovery on these meds comes in patches.  What you're experiencing is perfectly normal - feeling slightly good one minute and down the next.  It can take 3-4+ months to start feeling good and during this time your mood will be up and down, sometimes a few days up and a few days down.  Over time the good days will get longer and longer until they stay.  Don't be too surprised either if after a few months feeling good you experience a low time either - it can happen.

Dont up your  dose either thinking it'll make things happen quicker.  It won't.  These meds take a long time, so just try and go with it, and keep reminding yourself that you are healing inside, just as a broken leg takes time to heal.

Its tough ....... but just keep going.  Try and be kind to yourself on the low days, take things easy, get fresh air, exercise or walk (exercise is good to burn off excess adrenaline).

Youll get there.

K x

• Posted

Oh no you poor thing, maybe you just overdid it a bit yesterday xx
    • Posted

I think I really did over do it yesterday I was totally exhausted this morning and just felt awful, I don't feel too bad now although a friend was meant to visit me tonight and I just can't face it I feel awful cus I haven't seen her for a while but just want to cuddle

Up and "try" to relax on the sofa!! Hoping tomorrow is more positive

• Posted

Feel no guilt for cancelling with your friend. Do what u need to do for u. She.ll understand. Take care! X
    • Posted

Don't feel bad about cancelling, it takes quite a lot of effort to 'stand on ceremony' even if she is your friend. She'll understand and you'll have a nicer time when you feel better xxx I'm quite miserable today, like you I was better yesterday than today, exciting lottery to see how we'll feel tomorrow!!
    • Posted

Do you take ur tablets at nighttime or the morning ?? What's best
    • Posted

Insure is currently looking after my daughter who just started 10mg. Just made her fav dinner. Bacon and cabbage!, breaks my heart seen her so low! But we both work in pharmacy and only know to well how common these meds are! And know that they work! So upwards and on.... And like u said its lottery :-)X hope tomor is better day for all of us.
    • Posted

Started in the morning but after 5 days moved it to the evening (Dr said it was ok) so I could sleep through the worst bit, although looking back it prob made no difference! How about you? xx
    • Posted

I take mine at 8pm, by nature I am quite an impatient person so for it only to be day 14 is annoying me, I want results now, I dread going to bed cus I just know tomorrow will be crap too, cus I felt a bit brighter yesterday I felt I was letting my mum down today when I told her I wasn't great today she looked so disappointed, best just not saying how I feel x
    • Posted

You could be me writing that! I feel exactly the same, but I really think we mustn't try and run before we can walk, I'm terrified of going backwards and really really need this to work. You're not letting anyone down at all, she's prob just sad she can't help the pills work faster xxx
    • Posted

So I'm forcing myself to do the school run, something that was 2nd nature to me 4 weeks ago has turned into a major event!!!!!! Hoping this morning anxiety passes soon
    • Posted

Deep breath.... And nice cupa when u done! Hope rest of day is peaceful and relaxing ..:-) X
    • Posted

Wow, that's brave, my husband is doing ours but he goes straight into work after so he has to go that way anyhow. Don't know that I could do it this morning though 😞 didn't sleep well xxx the morning anxiety is really not nice, I wonder how long it takes to go xxxx
    • Posted

To be honest I really wish I hadn't done it I have cried since I left her off and feeling terrible right now, how crap, everyone says morning anxiety is the last to go, I wish it wud go now
    • Posted

Bless your heart, it's so hard, especially as your kids are that much younger than mine xxx it's seeing other people when you're out too, it's just all so difficult xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.