Day 17 on 40 Mg citalopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

Feeling like a rollercoaster the last few weeks. Celexa has helped me so much in the last 2 years but I feel like I’ve lost myself so much this time around. I’m so insecure and down all of the time. I have more good days than bad on the 40 MG. But today is one of those “bad” days. I’m also going through a separation and I’m very stressed. Could use words of encouragement during these times of struggle sad 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I fully understand how you feel. I just increased up to 30mg and it's been a battle . Today is my 15th day on 30mg. I'm not having an awful day but it's been a battle in my head all day long. Yesterday was by far the best day I've had in weeks . I'm hoping that things continue to improve. I'm sure if you felt good before you will feel good later. 

• Posted

I think it will continue to get better for you as well. I know it takes about 2 months to completely start working. It’s a battle every day in my head and I try to just stay busy and stay thankful for the moments of peace that I do have now..., Before there was zero peace at all. That’s why I do believe it’s working (slowly but surely) 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Keep in touch so we can see if it gets better and help one another/others who are struggling with all of this too ! 

• Posted

Nicole that would be so awesome. We are basically at the same stage. Yeah, I def find a little peace when I can talk to someone that understands . It's really hard to talk to people that don't understand what is going on. 

• Posted

Now at 6 weeks I'm finally get relief. I promise no matter how bad it gets in your head you are not crazy and the meds made yours thoughts worse before they get better. I almost checked myself into a hospital a few weeks ago now I have mostly good days

• Posted

Thank you for your response. Just feeling particularly blue today especially with this cold, errie weather. 😢 Praying the best is yet to come. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Posted

I’m the same way, these forums help me tremendously. I pray for everyone suffering. The end of the pain is near, just got to hang in there ❤️
    • Posted

Hi just wondering how you’re feeling now. I’m on 40mg and have been. For 15 days. Please tell me it gets better! Xx
    • Posted

How are you feeling? After my increase to 30mg 3 weeks later hitting another low.
    • Posted

Hi, I hope everything is well. I am doing a great deal better! It’s been about 5 weeks. On 40 MG. I have noticed that I am so much more relaxed. Things don’t bother me as much. I’m not nearly as emotional and I am not crying all of the time out of sadness and hopelessness. I feel peaceful. I feel hopeful. Life is good. I do still have my moments and I get a little blue here and there but I’m trying to combat that with church and staying busy with new friends and activities. Before I couldn’t even bring myself to care enough to even talk with new friends. There has absolutely been progress and I’m feeling much, much better. I pray that in the next few weeks you will update that you feel the same as well. There were many times. Like 5 or 6 different times I almost checked myself into the hospital. I’m not feeling anywhere near that bad anymore. I hope this helps you. Please remember to stay as hopeful as you can and keep the faith even when you have nothing left in you. It will get better. 😊??🙏🏼

• Posted

I’m feeling so much better. I’m on 40 Mg. It has been about 5 weeks. Not nearly as empty or hopeless as I was before. I feel like life is good! I have moments of sadness but it passes pretty fast and I’m not in my head so much like I was before. I feel peace. I pray you feel better too, hun. Keep in touch. You’re not alone in this. It will get better for you. Hang in there. Sometimes it takes a few months 🙏🏼😊??

• Posted

I would also like to update that I am no longer separating from my marriage. Thankfully now that my depression and anxiety is under control my husband and I are doing so much better . God bless him for hanging in with me. 
    • Posted

He obviously loves you, that’s good! Something to be positive about 🙂  as you need love to get through the tough parts a little easier. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.