Day 2 after surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today is day 2 had a rough evening of day 1 because I am paranoid of taking narcotics and getting constipation. It's been rough.... I took some percoett. It took the edge off the pain but caused nausea. I have not taken any narcotics since 1:30am and it's 7am now waiting to take 800 mg of moultrin. Will see how that goes

Aloha

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's a balance between pain control and constipation I guess! You have to work out what's best for you, and eating food with fibre.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi Creedes

I sense you are not from the UK but here we have an over-the-counter product called Dulcoease.  I took this from day 1 after my op as I am very prone to constipation from any kind of pain killer - even a simple paracetomol or ibuprofen. The Dulcoease simple softens your 'poo'.  It's not a laxative, so it doesn't make you run to the toilet.  Your regular routine will not be affected, just make things easier to pass!

I've looked up the ingredients so you can check if your pharmacy does a similar product:  

Each DulcoEase Capsule contains: Docusate sodium 100mg. Other ingredients: macrogol 400, propylene glycol,gelatin. glycerol, sorbitol, titanium dioxide (E171), water, colours (E104, E110).

Hope this will help.

Best wishes

Shani

• Posted

Hi Shank, , I am not from the UK I am from the island Oahu my pleasure to meet you..
  • Posted

Just wanted to check in with you and see how you're feeling!  The days after surgery can certainly be rough!  Just try not to overdo it, give yourself plenty of time to rest!  

By the way, I lived on Oahu many, many years ago.  My youngest child was born there! I'm sure it is as beautiful now as it was then!

xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I think because I live here I take it for granted... Thank you so much for checking in on me...yes it's rough but I keep on telling myself it will only get better!

Much Love & Aloha

• Posted

Hi Creedes,

It will get better, recovery has its ups and downs.  But, it generally evens out.  Then, you start to improve!  smile xx

• Posted

Hi Creedes

I just Googled your island - how lucky are you!! I bet you are not sitting under a huge grey rain cloud like we often are here in the UK. sad

Good luck with your recovery.

Shani x

• Posted

Hi Creedes/Shani,

If you want to exchange email addresses use the Private Message service, do not try to get around moderation. We don't post email addresses for users' benefit as posting them on the internet is opening yourself up to spammers.

Alternatively images can be uploaded directly to the discussion. You also do not need to start a new discussion every day. If you want to report progress you can reply to your own discussion. This means the info is in one place rather than being disjointed and getting "lost" amongst all of the other discussions.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Emis

Thank you for your reply - I appreciate the reasons for this.

I've gone into the Private Messaging page but not sure how I send a message as I never used it before.  Is there a help page?

Kind regards

Shani

• Posted

Not sure if this is where i am supposed to be...
    • Posted

Hi, there!  In order to send a private message, just click on the tiny envelope below that person's name.  You won't see one under your name, because you're not going to be sending yourself private messages!  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.