Day 4 withdrawal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Not good , no sleep for 2 nights now. Aching all over, sweats & shivers & diarhea starting. Still cannot understand how this stuff can be prescribed. The main thing is still maintaining. Spoke to my boss earlier & managed to change my last 2 days holiday to Monday & Tuesday. Should help a lot & hopefully the worst is over by then. My partner said maybe would have been easier to come off gradually, but doing that just leaves temptation to carry on using the wonder tab, so it`s onwards we go smile

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you can manage it. Diazepam from your gp would help. coming off slowly is better, but you have made it this far, so may as well get off it this way. i do suggest going to the gp (if they do not have an appointment, call 111 and they will get you an appointment. your gp can also give you a sick note for work so you will not have to use your holiday days. you might need to be off work for longer, as you will be very tired. the best help is diazepam - settles the restless legs and relaxes the muscles so you can sleep. it may be possible to get a sleeping tablet alongside the diazepam. By the way, diazepam is way more addictive than tramadol, but for three days, it will not get hold of you. 
  • Posted

oh gosh glad i made the decision to bin the tablets after taking 1 and they made me feel awful so sapced out and like i was on another planet.

Fired them in the bin and so glad i have as when i looked them up they are not the best tablet to take.

Hope you get some sleep smile

• Posted

Thats what they do to my partner, she won`t take them. They were effective with me, but at a price
    • Posted

Yes seems like it, hats off for trying to come off of them though

Best Wishes

• Posted

Peter

Kudos to you for makeing the step to come off them and I wish you all the best in the coming days. Dont give up now you have started

• Posted

Thanks Steven, it`s hard but it is working. I am a stubborn strong minded person, so I reckon a bit of suffering might do some good as a reminder. All`s good smile

• Posted

Yes I've been there and it was horrible by day 5 you should feel a bit better but everyone different I had to go back on and ween I gave my pills to my man I couldn't take the no sleeping hang in there praying for you exercise was the only thing that helped and wrapping my body in electric blanket hang tuff you can go this

• Posted

I managed 2 hours sleep today, not bad for staying awake for 60 hours. Starting to feel a bit better, but hope it is not the calm before the storm. I just hope I can get some sleep tonight. Did`nt realise the night was so damn long smile. All will be ok, I will make sure of that. Thanks for your message DeeDee

• Posted

On day five all meds and a matter what you're taking any kind of drugs gets out of your body so usually people feel better after the fifth day if you're sleeping two hours that's good because when I did it I didn't sleep any time at all so two hours is better than no hours you're superstrong and you have purpose continue prayer coming your way to relieve the symptoms and let you sleep like a baby tonight stay strong because it's only a matter of days and you'll break free from the monkey on your back

• Posted

Yip, like I said in my first posting , I am one stubborn individual, sometimes too stubborn, lol. Thanks for the comments. That monkey will be gone very shortly smile

• Posted

I hope you are starting to feel a bit more normal today. I am currently weaning myself off them and am down to 2 x 50mg tablets a day, but hoping to be clear of Tramadol totally in 3 weeks time! It's hard, really hard but the outcome will be worth it! I've developed epilepsy after taking 800mg of Tramadol a day for 9 years for degenerative disc disease. Good luck and remember every bit of the pain, the shaking is all you getting closer to being free of the monkey 👍🏼

• Posted

Good luck to you it took me 4 months to ween I got rid 50 mg a week then cut them in half and the quarters im at 18 days clean today and the monkey 🐒🔫 is dead your almost there GOD speed 🙏🏻

• Posted

I am feeling a lot better, but sill not able to sleep at night. Jumping around the bed, feels like my legs & arms are not mine, jump, jump all the bloody time. Other than that a lot better

• Posted

Magnisum brother will help with that and help you sleep 😴

• Posted

Still a few hot flushes & chills, & sleep is not easy as the leg & arm muscles are still wanting to jump around. Other than that a lot better Will try & get some sleep later on today

• Posted

Got some sleep today, 5 hours so feeling a lot better, still hot & cold but I reckon the worst is over

• Posted

Yeah it's 4:50am here and I'm still awake eve after 2 sleeping tablets! I'm jumpy, achy and generally restless but can't focus enough to watch any TV. I'm not sure I can do the distance of tapering any longer and considering just come off in a oner! The only thing that stops me is my epilepsy-it could bring on a seizure if my body struggles too much 🙄😄

• Posted

Fed fee how much Magnesium do you suggest as I already take with noluck 🙄

• Posted

How much Magnesium do you need to take to feel better?
    • Posted

360 mg adults magnesium relaxes everything and acts like a Sedative in the body
    • Posted

Hi Cathy

I have just completed day 7. Last night was my first night of sleeping, so trust me, persevere. It will get better. Try hot baths to try & relax you. Iwas having 5 a day just to soak & relax in, it helps. My monkey is gone, back to work on Wednesday, so persevere, if you can & as they say, things will get better.

• Posted

Thank you Peter-it is great to hear and share on here, it really does help! Well done, I bet you feel fantastic now that you've finally achieved your goal!!! I hope it won't be too long before I'm doing the same 😄

• Posted

My pleasure Cathy, I honestly feel so much better, the tinnutus is going, no more hot flushes, I even got those when I took Tramadol. It is just the sleep pattern has to settle down, which no doubt it will when I get back to work on Wednesday. I hope you get rid of your monkey soon soon.
    • Posted

I have very few tablets left so have sat down tonight and wrote out my final taipering plan 😄 and if I stick to it I will be taking my last Tramadol on 11/12/2016. I will tick off everyday as I near the end. Think I will book a massage at the end as a treat to myself 😊

I am so happy for you though-finally free!!!

• Posted

Tonight has been pretty sleepless so far even though it is day 8, but like I said I am sure it will settle down. I believe effects of withdrawal can last up to about 14 - 21 days , so just stick to your plan smile

• Posted

Just remember the devil doesn't want you to quit this because tramadol is the devil so stay strong every single night I'm on day 20 and I don't always sleep that great I still feel a little restless in the daytime I have a little bit of low-energy but you know what I don't worry about have a medication I don't take any medication and no matter what I won't take any so you stay strong every single day and tell one day you're going to be like I feel great and the monkeys dead

• Posted

All`s cool now, my sleep pattern will improve, I know that so I aint got no worries, only back to work tomorrow. Hope all stays good with you DeeDee.
    • Posted

I jumped off 2 days ago as I was sick of the constant withdrawals from cutting down-I thought if I'm going to go through this let make it worth while! The worst is the jumpy legs and not being able to sleep 😢

• Posted

Hi Cathy

The jumping legs etc will go. I am just starting to get some sleep now. I think once you kick it you will find things improving. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.