day 5 of cit , side effects bad but dont feel any different

Posted , 9 users are following.

well day 5 of cit 10mg and to be honest no improvement in my mood , side effects headache , bad stomache allways had a cast iron stomache even on other meds , and sweating , feeling restless fidgity , got to give it time i suppose , 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi terry give it time, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to have any real affect however if you stop or miss a dose cit doesnt hang around in the system so persevere. good luck
  • Posted

Hi Terry

Please don't worry - i've been on cit now since last August, after about the 5th week the dark cloud finally passed. Don't worry though the side effects won't last that long, or at least they won't be so frequent. Only a couple of weeks. Hang in there!

x

• Posted

Hi Terry, feeling much the same! Time and patience is what we need to get to the point where we feel the difference. Hang in there and I'm sure things will start looking up soon. I'm on day 7, and also battling a bit. Keep us posted.
  • Posted

Hi, try to stick with it - it will take a few weeks for you to feel a subtle lift in your mood (in my experience anyway).  The side effects are horrible and I have experienced all that you describe but they do lessen with time.  I am going through them again as my dose has been increased from 20 to 30 just over a week ago.  You are right to give the meds more time.
  • Posted

I'm just starting week 5 on 10 mg. the headaches and nausea went away after week 2. The first couple weeks I felt like I was jumping out of my skin but that has lessened to about 4 hours a day now. Still not fun but better than all day. I'm on this for driving anxiety and I still don't see any results yet so like you said I think we just need to give it time to work. Good luck!
    • Posted

hi kathy , i hope you find relief soon i just hope for both of us that the wait is worth it as i dont want to go through 5 to 6 weeks of this and then find they dont work and have to start again on something else , i have read many good things about cit but it certainly seems like a drug that does take time to get in to you system , do you find anything other than medication that helps give you relief with your anxiety 
    • Posted

I have tried all kinds of herbal remedies but nothing really worked. I only have this when I drive. I'm fine otherwise. I've never been in a accident or been afraid to drive. This just came on one day about 3 yrs ago. Totally out of the blue. So I guess this drug is my last hope. I live out in the country so I need to drive. If I had a beer or 2 I was fine also but not a good idea for driving!!😆 
    • Posted

its a shame that you have anxiety with driving , is it when you are alone in the car or does it happen when someone is with you , what do you get anxious about , is it other motorists or crashing only just wondering wether it may be something you have seen or past related that could trigger this responce
    • Posted

No idea what's going on. It's worse when I'm by myself. I don't feel anxious until I get into my truck. Weird!! I think it's just old age!!!😀
  • Posted

Give it time terry. I'm 4 weeks in and the only major side effect I'm left with now is sleep disturbances. I had more tha I could count on both hands to begin with. Do me the 10mg took the edge off my depression, but wasn't lifting my mood, so tomorrow I'm upping to 20mg. Fingers crossed the Side effects of increasing won't be as bad as starting.

Keep posting and I will too. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks for the reply e.l.r. i know its early days but just want the endless feeling of feeling unwell to stop , 6 weeks seems such a long way away , i hope the increase really works for you keep me posted also as it can be very encouraging when you see other people feeling better on the meds , it gives you hope to know that they do work
  • Posted

It can take 3-4 months before you start feeling any improvement.  The meds work very slowly, taking time to build in your system.

K x

• Posted

i know they can take time to work but sometimes when your at a bad place that seems so far away , you just dont think you will ever get better , but thankyou for your reply katecogs , are you on citoprolam 
    • Posted

When you're in the grip of it all, you feel like you'll never be free of it, then when you're better you wonder how on earth you ever got down in that place.  Very weird :-)

I was ill for around 15 years, on and off, and the bad times were really, really bad.  After many different medications I was eventually put onto SSRI's and slowly I got better, and have been well ever since (around 15 years now).

As you recover too, there'll be ups and downs along the way and you'll often think you're back to square one or the meds aren't working.  They are, and it just seems the usual pattern many people follow.  You need lots of perseverance, lots of patience, support too.  Eventually everything evens out and you'll feel great.

Wishing you the best.

K x

• Posted

Morning terry. It's early days for you right now. If you are anything like I was, these are turbulent times. Up and down - wondering if you will ever get better. I posted a comment on here a couple of weeks ago anticipating my dr review in '11 days' and at time it seemed a lifetime away. Dark days do that to us. It alters or perception of time, and how to cope the therein. Try to be strong. Trust in the cit. let it begging to work, and the days will get better.

Take care my friend.

• Posted

thank you for your kind words , i shall keep going and hopefully see the results very soon , take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.