Day 6-30mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all. I posted a few days ago about being bumped up to 30mg. From the few people on here that have bumped up to 30mg, it seems their side effects lasted less time and werent as severe. My side effects have been worse than when I started 20mg. More anxiety, panic, more tired, and more nausea than before. Does this sounds like 30 is too much for me, or is it typical that a higer dose can cause worse symptoms than the lower ones. I have a call into my dr, but wanted to hear what others have experienced. I am taking 1.5mg of Xanax a day to try and combat the anxiety, but it doesnt really seem to be helping. Any help appreciated. I feel like Im crawling out of my skin.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My doctor wants me to increase to 30 mg as well but have been worried about going through the start ups again but he said since I've been on them for a total of 22 weeks now that I've pretty much hit a plateau so it's time to try it. I asked about side effects again and he said that they are not irreversible and that if they are too much we would just reduce or switch to another so he said unless I'm happy with how I feel that I need to give it a try, I suppose he is right.

• Posted

i tend to disagree with your doctor, ive been on a reduced dose for 10 months and still not settled, they know nothing!

• Posted

i also disagreed with your doctor.took me 32 months to recover.

• Posted

i meant 32weeks .sorry for mis spelling.best regards

• Posted

Did you still feel pretty bad up until then though, or was there plenty of good days at that point? Just curious how to really notice the change.

• Posted

never had a good whole day .always was hours or minutes even seconds.at eight months i started seen good weeks with an occasional blip.

• Posted

The dr called back after i called to let them know my side effects were worse and they suggested splitting the dose. Anyone ever try that? Opinions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.