Day 6 post-op - doom and gloom are back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Maybe some of you can relate to this.  When I went in for my surgery last Wednesday, and especially after it was over, I felt optimistic, like something was finally getting done about the symptoms I'd been having.  So the doctor removed the ovary and three polyps and smiled at me when she said there was nothing in the ovary after all.  For the next couple of days, I felt better emotionally, thinking "it's over" and good stuff like that.  Starting on Saturday, gradually, the doom and gloom feelings have returned, and I woke up feeling sad and teary today.  I know what the triggers are.  I'm waiting on pathology results from the surgery and was reminded yesterday in conversation with my mom that I still have an ovary and my uterus, and a few fibroids.  It is all a feeling of having cleared this hurdle but wondering what if the doctor was wrong and something shows up in the pathology results, or what if something bad turns up in future with the remaining ovary?  My anxiety is through the roof again.  So much has gone on over the last few months to get this far.  I know I need to give myself a break, especially while in recovery.  

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I left a voicemail message for the nurse, which almost sent me into panic.  Anxiety is the worst.
    • Posted

Please keep us posted! Just so you know, I was a medical assistant for 14 years and I can tell you, no news is usually good news wink Im sure all is fine with your path. Hugs 
    • Posted

Thanks!  That makes me feel better.  Someone else told me that, too, that usually if it's anything of concern, they will tell you right away.  It's the anxiety talking.  Now that I'm down an ovary, I probably need to consider HRT as you mentioned.
    • Posted

Absolutely, I believe everything will be just fine smile 
  • Posted

The nurse called back.  My doctor didn't get to review results until this morning.  All was benign.  The only thing that showed up was a small patch of endometriosis, which was also benign.  WHEW!  Now, on to dealing with living with one ovary and the resulting hormonal changes and my anxiety, getting a good option in place to help me.  Will discuss w/Doctor at follow-up visit.  Thanks again for your support, hoping I'll be a lot less crazy soon!
    • Posted

Wonderful news Liz. I'm glad to hear all is ok and you can now talk with your doctor about treating any hormone discomforts. Now you continue to rest and heal. 😀
    • Posted

Thanks, it is a huge relief to have that last piece of the puzzle from the surgery!!  Now it is really over.
    • Posted

I hope so. Just got a call from my surgeons office saying they may need to reschedule my surgery due to an error in their office. OH my goodness, I am so upset. Waiting for a call back from them to know what is going on. 
    • Posted

So happy to hear of your good results! Now just relax, rest, and heal☺️
  • Posted

The incompetence and uncaring nature of these doctors today is just unbelieveable. All they need to do is fit me in for a 15 minute pre-consult today and they are telling me they are booked. Like I am not worth 15 minutes of their time. What happened to the doctor saying, its ok, I will stay an additional 15 minutes to ensure my patient has their surgery? Im just shaking my head in disbelief.  
    • Posted

That makes no sense... why is it easier to reschedule a surgery than to fit you in today??
    • Posted

That was my exact words to the office lady. She wouldn't budge to put me in with the dcctor and after me begging, she just told me she would call me back. 
    • Posted

It's their error, as you said.  I hope she will find a way to fix it.  That's especially disappointing when you are mentally prepared to have the surgery tomorrow.  
    • Posted

Absolutely, not to mention the bowel prep I have started. 
    • Posted

You know, they did not have me do a prep, and my mom was surprised.  They just told me not to eat after midnight.  But yes, if it's the day before and you have begun to prepare, and they've made a mistake, then they need to step up.
    • Posted

Exactly, I just tried calling and got voicemail. How nice. 
    • Posted

Ugh.  Do they have the same thing on their recording as my doctor, a warning about how leaving multiple messages will delay them in returning your call?  I got that one this morning when I called about my pathology report - not sure I'd have heard anything if I hadn't called.
    • Posted

Unbelievable! I am so sorry! Sounds like a travesty that would happen to me! Hope it gets figured out to your advantage. 
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie, im finding a different doctor. I won't deal with this doctor and her uncaring nature. 
    • Posted

Can't believe that! I don't blame you! Totally unprofessional! I am so very sorry😔
    • Posted

It may have been, but I am sorry about what you'll go through to find someone else and start again.  I've been there, it's no fun, but hopefully you will find someone who has more respect for patients.  I found my current gyn due to a referral from my GP and she is his daughter's Doctor, so he knew she would be good.
    • Posted

Maybe, but still very unprofessional! After you get a new doctor, I would write a very nice letter to that doctor and give her a piece of your mind. 
    • Posted

I feel like calling our local news and having them do a story on this, and put it on TV to warn others about this doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.