Day 6 post tkr

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey all

Well l have to praisw some of you and apologise for not listening how dient and much harder the knee replacement was comopaired to the hip replacement.

The pain was unvearable for 3 to 4 days but l am home now and its still really sore but getting there. I find it really hard sitting on a chair. The brusing is starting to come out now and lying on the couch is my comfortable place. Getting on and off the couch is the hard part. I can walk about the house without using my sticks now. But its still very sore and it was a lot worse than my hips. I get my staples out on tuesday and the wound looks clean and neat but itchy as anything. But its done now. And l am not rushing to get the other one done. Lol

But thanks for the advice you were right.

Laura

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lors

Hope you are feeling better. Still very early days for you. I would wait at least a year to get the other knee done

Good luck with your recovery

Regards

Christine

TKR Nov 2014 right knee

ACL & LCL April 2016 left knee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.