Day 8 of Effexor. Anxiety is through the roof!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys, I’m new here but could use some reassurance. 

I was on Prozac for a month and a half and had to get off of it. I was making me more depressed and suicidal. My doctor started me on Effexor. I was nervous to start it with all the horrible things i read about getting off of it. But i was in pain. I needed something. So I started it. It crazy, my depression went away right away. After day 3 i was almost feeling good. But for the last few days my anxiety has been AWFUL. I feel so on edge, I can’t fall asleep, I feel like my body is shaking all the time. 

I’m just hoping this gets better because I feel like I’m going crazy...

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Stick to it your b ok, I know it’s so very hard just get through a day at a time I plan my days it gets me through life xxxxx
  • Posted

For anyone wondering here an update. I’m feeling pretty good. I’ve been on Effexor for about a month and a half. Maybe actually 2 months by now. 

I almost feel normal. I started a new job and it was rough for the first 2 weeks. I was having bad anixety so I was taking Xanax. But I haven’t taken Xanax for a week and I’m actually feeling pretty good. My anxiety has calmed down a lot. 

I don’t have any trouble sleeping anymore and I don’t have and side effects anymore. 

• Posted

How long did it take for your anxiety to lessen. I am on it 7 days 4 on 37.5 and 3 on 75mgs
    • Posted

I'm on the venlafaxine and 5mg of diazepam I don't know wat one stopped it I feel it was the diazepam I'm not sure tho I've been ok past 6 days fingers crossed n they've upped from 37.5mg twice a day too 75mg twice a day I'm slowly coming off diazepam now hope you get better soon xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.