Day 9 increasing citalopram crying all the time 😪

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all on day 9 of increasimg citalooram 30mg to 40mg and today all I've done is cry I feel soo sick aswell is this normal? please help

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was the same when I first upped mine, it takes awhile for your brain to settle which unfortunately meant for me my anxiety has gotten worse. I am coming into my 3rd week now and think I may be turning a corner, that said ive gottta get through the day yet. I hope you feel more yourself soon. x

• Posted

awful, i think today has been the worst. im just so fed up now. how are you?

• Posted

side effects havant been to bad the last week but the last few days they are back with a boom 😪 how lomg you been on the increased dose now? im day 21

• Posted

im 4 weeks in now, yeah in the uk. hopefully our brains will settle soon

• Posted

yeah i hope so too this is horrendoes. 😔 have you any benzos for when the anxiety is bad ?

• Posted

I got given diazepam but ive used them all up now as was only 14 tablets

• Posted

id ask for more if you need them. u cant suffer its not fair. were abouts in the uk are u?

• Posted

yeah i think im going to have to ask as i cant cope. im in folkestone, kent. how about you?

• Posted

yeah i would its reqlly not fair to be suffering. im in chichester. how are you feeling today? my anxiety is bad again 😔

• Posted

same, mine is coming in waves atm. as soon as i feel it passing their starts another wave

• Posted

ring doctor today and tell them you need some diaazpan as you cant not cope with the anxiety. ive just taken a lorazapan to calm down.

• Posted

lorazapan is a lifesaver for me but theyve given me diazpan now which i domt really like them but if i need to take them to calm down and just take it x

• Posted

yyesh feeling bit better after the lorazapan. thank you. do you work? how old are you hun x

• Posted

I am signed off atm but due back to work monday and dreading it. I am 37. How about you, are you able to work with your anxiety?

• Posted

well i can relate there. I don't want to go back but I dont want to not be able to work.

• Posted

yeah its horrible init how long has your doctor said before they start to work?

• Posted

he said it can take 6-8 weeks, i am going to try and push myself to go to the gym 2mo. Staying in on my own isnt helping me one bit, easier said than done

• Posted

not really got much of an app, I still have the banana i started this morning. I try and stick to light things like soup when i do feel hungry as then I dont feel 2 full as that makes me feel sick and then i start to panic.

• Posted

im the same as you hate feelimg sick brings on my anxiety. yeah ive had a banana today and tryed a maccky d but couldnt eat it 😔

• Posted

hello are you feeling today hun ? xxxx

• Posted

afternoon, I did yes, picked them up today so at least i have them if i get really bad again

• Posted

im doing much better today went for a walk with a friend and then even managed an hour and a half at the gym so im hoping to carry on feeling better. how about you how are you doing today? x

• Posted

aww good glad you have them now allways nice to no you have them there isnt it if you really cant take anymore. awww glad your feeling bit better amd u wemt out for a walk and the gym wow thats amazing . i just went to the local shops nothing exciting ha ha.

• Posted

Had an awful morning. Had terrible morning anxiety, only started to feel calmer at about 3. I am probably overthinking having to go back to work on monday. I hate that if you can shake the anxiety off it takes so long and I had such a good day yesterday. oh well fingers crossed 2mo is a better day. hows about you have you had a better day today? x

• Posted

aww bless you thats what i feel like anxiety and mood is awful in morning. yeah your will be fine once you get to work hun. today ive been to my sisters for a little party. so ive been okayish today.

• Posted

Thats really good, good on you for going. a step in the right direction doing things. its one of the big things i struggle with family events as i feel im being judged so avoid it like the plague. Im watching some mel robbins you tube videos atm, came across her while looking up help with anxiety she has some really good tips for dealing with it. you should take a look if you havent seen her already. sending positive vibes for an awesome day 2mo x

• Posted

aww thank you no ive not heard of her i will look her up on tube. family bbq tomorrow too . hoping im feeling okay like i did today 😊 are you up to anything tomorrow ? xx

• Posted

Morning, I am sure you will have a nice time whilst you are there. I have my niece this morning for a couple of hours as my brother is taking my nephew to his golf lesson. Then I want to try and get to the gym and then I need to do some house work at my parents are home sunday. I live at home in a split property, they live downstairs and I live upstair.

Have a great day today and enjoy that bbq.

• Posted

aww hows your day been?? myn has been ok didnt have to take a loazapan today nearly did though but held off. hope your day has been okay aswell xx

• Posted

was a good day yesterday in the end. not doing great this morning as fretting over work 2mo. could also be that i had a bottle of wine yesterday as i have read that it can make anxiety worse, thats another thing to give up then lol I had a letter come yesterday from legal and general as ive been off work for 5 weeks so had to fill that all in, not sure what they are gonna do?

I have a docs app 2mo to talk about my anxiety so that will be fun NOT.

• Posted

How long are you off work for? What kind of job do you have, I work in a call centre in sales so nice and stressful

• Posted

good morning, how was the family bbq. did you manage to have a nice time. x

• Posted

morning, i managed 1 day back at work and then had a call from the mental health nurse and she advised more time off so ive got another 2 weeks off atm and shes made a referral for cbt. I hope your doing ok. has you medication settled yet for you?

• Posted

hello no its been 4 weeks today and i feel worse then ever 😔 racing thoughts anxiety mood is soo low. laying on my bed just took a lorazpan 😔

• Posted

oh no i am sorry to hear you are struggling so much. it really is so awful, not a great day hear either not even been able to leave the house.

• Posted

it is horrible isnt it. im so tearful today 😪 i just really want to feel better now ive been struggling for the past 6 months now. i got a speaclist mental health doctor ringing me tomorrow so hopefully i will no how long i need to be on the 40mg to see any inprovement. wat you up to this eveing?

• Posted

i completely crashed out last night sorry, I tried watching tv (im into watching good girls on netflix when i can concentrate on tv) i think the insomnia caught up with me as woke up on the sofa at 2am lol longest sleep ive had in about 4 mths but of course I was then wide awake so just been pottering about trying not to make to much noise n wake the rents down stairs. I had my call from the mental health nurse this week she was lovely and has referred me for cbt so now waiting for info on that. ive sent you a message with my name, now that ive gotten to know you id like to admit i do have fb i just like to be extra cautious when 'meeting' new people. you never know these days. fell free to message me whenever you like, im not sure about you but i have found finding someone that struggles just like me a god send, being able to share whats in my head has probably been a life saver so although i dont know you very well. THANK YOU.

I hope you have a better day today xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.