Day after stuff in hospital

Posted , 6 users are following.

Here is an update!

-they took 10 inches of signups area

-The rest of my intestine,colon look pretty good they said, no inflammation or infection.

-they did the nerve block for midsection, this reduced need for opiods and pain has been minimal

-most of my pain is in the right lap incision i guess because that is there the most muscle is that they cut through, ive been hot and cold packing that area

-I'm up walking and first positive improvement is no more bladder pressure and I'm peeing normaly, yay! I'm eating small amounts of yogurt and scrambled eggs..for those who had surgery does that sound ok to eat? I haven't eaten since SundAy evening..zoo hungry..today right now is my first meal

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Bess your heart, I’m so glad your doing better and all went well, prayers for a speedy recovery and back to a good life. 🤗🙏🌺🌸

• Posted

Thank you and bless you and everyone else for being a wonderful sounding boardsmile
  • Posted

Jenny 

I’ve been on this site for four and a half years since my surgery and your after surgery post is the best so far.  Congratulations!  Everything sounds in order, including you!  Take GOOD care of yourself, continue to do all the right things and you will stay in good health 🥚🥚🥚🥨🥨🥨🍎🍎🍎🍋🍋🍋

• Posted

I am happy to hear things went well and that you are already feeling some benefit from the surgery. I wish you well on your recovery. ☺
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am so happy to hear your positive energy and detailed update.  Thank you for that. It really helps for the rest of us who have diverticulitis. Hearing from you helps me feel better now in order for me to have my surgery on July 31. When you have a chance would you please let me know if your surgery was laparoscopic or robotic?
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your positive energy. Thanks to you now I am feeling better about my surgery on July 31. When you have chance would you please share with me if your surgery was laparoscopic or robotic?
    • Posted

it was lapo, but no robot. I am finding the pain from the C02 gas from surgery is just as bad as incision pain..I'm looking forward to that going away..They say it dissappears with time and movement

• Posted

Thank you again and I wish you only the best. You are so wonderful again to share details with us after your surgery. It is exactly what I needed to hear in order to try to deal with my stress.
  • Posted

Hi Jenny,

So glad you are doing well! I think the key is the nerve block. I think we have spoken before but will remind you you might be a little un comfortable when it wears off totally normal. Make sure you walk and drink a lot of water!

Best of luck!

Kate

• Posted

Good to know! It's been abut 24 hours and incison pain I'd still very minor thankfully and the gas is starting to move and suside..Otherwise I'm pretty good, thanks for the tip! I'm gonna keep in touch with this thread, it's helpful as i swear no one knows this disease better than you guys! It's thera py to talk it out with you allsmile..One other tip..bring your own heating pad for gas comfort..the ones at hospital where i am aren't very good. Also glad I brought a robe..you have to wear the hospital gown with an IV, so robe helps to hide my back, etc..

• Posted

I started list with what I need to bring to the hospital before my surgery, thanks to you.
    • Posted

Good! i also brought chapstick and gum, loose PJ pants, small pen and paper for notes, and no slip slippers in case I didn't like theres

• Posted

You must be doing great! When I had surgery I’d try to send an update and would drop my phone cuz I’d fall asleep mid text! Lol. When ru going home?
    • Posted

I'm leaving in 20 mins i think! They stop opiods for pain evening of surgery where I am, so there isn't to much grogginess..They are very pro stay active aND leave asap where I am..Which i guess is ok. I'm gonna alternate walking and resting at home..Hospitals never let you sleep so I'm def a bit exhausted for sure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.