Day of embolization

Posted , 9 users are following.

Sitting here in room waiting for iv very scared

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kristen,

I left you a message elsewhere, but glad that you made it through the procedure just fine.  Yes, the pain for the first couple of days can be rough, but there is an end to that pain just remember that.  smile  Best of luck with your recovery.  I never had anesthesia prior to my UFE, so it was scary for me.  Rest and take it easy for a couple of days.

• Posted

Oh I sid get that think you again I think I just hit the heart like😆i will heating pas feels great smile

• Posted

I also used a heating pad for a short time. I, too, did not have a bowel movement at the hospital or home for a few days. It took me a little while to get regular, but it did not bother me. I am diabetic, so although I love prunes, I could not eat enough of them. lol I am just so happy to not have a river of blood any more.

Once you can walk a bit, it is good for the gas and bloating - lessens the discomfort a little. Feel free to update when you can.

• Posted

Oh really thats funny about the prunes. I sure will keep you updated you as well. I need to find out about not taking the pill anymore because this causes fibroids to grow.
    • Posted

Kristen, I was only in the hospital for a little over 12 hours. I suppose you will have that conversation with your doctor regarding the pill. Isn't it the higher estrogen levels, if I remember correctly, that feeds the fibroids? I was taking Ibuprofen for about 3 days and then as necessary. Are you on stronger meds?

Hang in there...you will feel better every day that passes.

• Posted

Hey Kristen! I have not had my surgery yet...I go 2 the dr Tuesday so I will base my decision after my 2appts what Iam going to do...but in your case I can’t tell u much...but I will say to put yourself more at ease I would call the dr office and explain to them what’s going on with you. You hang in there everything will get better Kristen!! You are in my prayers😇🙏🏾🙌🏾

• Posted

Oh sorry

I thought you had embolization I messaged so many ppl. Ya if that continuez I'll call.

• Posted

Well let me know about your decision when you go. 🤗 prayers as well for u.

• Posted

Hey Kristen! It’s ok there is a lot of ladies up here with some good advice& encouragement to help us all.But I will keep you posted and thank you so much for ur prayers.And good speedy recovery to you🙌🏾🙏🏾😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.